whobaru

Is LGT.com slowing down?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Is LGT.com slowing down?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wish Whobaru would DIAF
    • No comment

Is it just me, or is the site slowing down along with the economy? I love to watch for GBs, member FS threads, and pics of new installs. It seems like I haven't seen nearly as much of this in the last month.

Discuss.

What I've noticed is that we have a bigger round of Newbies with all the same questions. It's getting harder and harder to search for things and sift through the 150 itterations of the same thread to find the one that actually has valuable information. Traffic on this site almost comes to a standstill over the weekend, but it's alive and kicking during "work hours".:lol:
Let's kick this pig!

There is definitely a slow down on good car articles, and a lot of stupid non related posts.

I know I have contributed a few off topic ones. however there are a couple of really good posts like the digital boost gauge under the clock. that one product is great!

X

---

you're blaming forum posts on the economy? wow.. people really do pick up media torches and run with them olympic style.

I've never had "enough" money to validate expensive modifications for my car. So I never do them. Instead for the last few months it seems I've just been browsing threads not related to mods and.. probably being more of a troll than I'd like to be. nothing interesting is going on on the forums I dont guess.

But the latest gen of the car is getting older, a lot of people with 2nd hand cars have come in and a lot of people are selling off wrecking etc. Other people like one of my friends had his work IT staff ban the website on him :lol:

I dont think theres any slowdown here, every time I login it seems like theres several hundred posts.

Besides, if we curb our behavior because we THINK the economy is going to slow down.. then the economy is going to slow down..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

What I've noticed is that we have a bigger round of Newbies with all the same questions. It's getting harder and harder to search for things and sift through the 150 itterations of the same thread to find the one that actually has valuable information. Traffic on this site almost comes to a standstill over the weekend, but it's alive and kicking during "work hours".:lol:

That's what I've noticed.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

you're blaming forum posts on the economy?

Um, no. I'm asking the input of others. I do, however, believe the economy has in fact slowed the frequency of modifications amongst our members. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I should have asked if anyone has noticed a slow-down in actually interesting threads like new pics of mods and FS threads and GBs. It seems like all I see are the types of threads discussed above.

So the site is slowing down if people arent buying and selling?
More specifically yes. Thanks for the clarification. That is what I should have asked. I have noticed what appears to be a slow-down in transactions and happy, "I just got my new piece" threads.

Um, no. I'm asking the input of others. I do, however, believe the economy has in fact slowed the frequency of modifications amongst our members. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I should have asked if anyone has noticed a slow-down in actually interesting threads like new pics of mods and FS threads and GBs. It seems like all I see are the types of threads discussed above.

o, sorry, misunderstood.

Yea, I suppose it does make sense, although I believe the news media is really causing the slow down to begin with (economy.. not forum :lol: ) people are cutting back because they have this "something bads about to go down" is in the back of their heads and the negative articles on websites TV and radio news breaks dont help people feel confident that spending that money on anything (in our case things like TBE or other mods) is really going to help us when gas becomes $4-5+/gal or taxes skyrocket or our housing equity toilets.. so I can see that happening. More of a migration towards story related articles, news, and.. me getting my troll on I guess lol, sorry if I came cross as a jerk. From reading my own posts lately a lot of them look like that.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I know personally my mods stopped on the LGT b.c the next things to do are the super expensive items. I also just bought a RSTi as a new toy and that has been getting the money into it, although not much.

If you look, a lot of the top posters/well known people have sold their LGTs. When this happens it seems that there are 5 newbs to replace each one of the people that had been here. The 05 LGT's are getting cheaper now and in the price range of a new group of people, which means we are now getting those people on here. The OG people will now become annoyed by the newb questions and not want to come to the boards as much. I have seen it on almost any forum I have been on after the car gets a few years old. It is just how it works, always has, always will.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

o, sorry, misunderstood.

Yea, I suppose it does make sense, although I believe the news media is really causing the slow down to begin with (economy.. not forum :lol: ) people are cutting back because they have this "something bads about to go down" is in the back of their heads and the negative articles on websites TV and radio news breaks dont help people feel confident that spending that money on anything (in our case things like TBE or other mods) is really going to help us when gas becomes $4-5+/gal or taxes skyrocket or our housing equity toilets.. so I can see that happening. More of a migration towards story related articles, news, and.. me getting my troll on I guess lol, sorry if I came cross as a jerk. From reading my own posts lately a lot of them look like that.

No worries. I know you didn't mean it harshly. ;)

I know personally my mods stopped on the LGT b.c the next things to do are the super expensive items. I also just bought a RSTi as a new toy and that has been getting the money into it, although not much.

If you look, a lot of the top posters/well known people have sold their LGTs. When this happens it seems that there are 5 newbs to replace each one of the people that had been here. The 05 LGT's are getting cheaper now and in the price range of a new group of people, which means we are now getting those people on here. The OG people will now become annoyed by the newb questions and not want to come to the boards as much. I have seen it on almost any forum I have been on after the car gets a few years old. It is just how it works, always has, always will.

:rolleyes::(

I bought my car when they went for $28K (I got a deal on mine though), so I'd like to consider myself an OG. :icon_bigg

psh, I got my 05 LGT for 26k new ;)

if its any consolation tho.. the dealer was about to fold and I didn't know it.. so I guess they had great incentive to cut inventory. :lol:

sure it's a little slower, but also keep in mind that this time of year, things are slow. I can tell you from a sales and retail stand point, it's SLOW! I mean dead ass slow! I'm having to send my workers home early, slow. :( It's after Christmas, people are recovering and now it's tax time. then summer will hit and BOOM. however, this should be rolling into mod season. I am noticing many of us OG's are getting rid of our LGT's or moving to something different if not similar (like myself) because the LGT can't meet my current needs. People move on. I've been on the Nasioc forums before the LGT forums and I doubt I will be leaving anytime soon. I much prefer the daily BS here than over there and mainly stay in my very small neck of the woods regional chapters (even as a Vendor on there). I love my AKICers but the rest is just... UGH! I still frequent previous car forums for my old car regularly, even though I haven't owned it in 3 yrs. Still enjoy the people and the site, even if my interest is more in par with the LGT crew. I think we will find there will be several of us LGTers moving to the new STI's because they are based off the LGT platform, more refined than previous versions and well.... it's like having my STI LGT vs the other way around. ;) I can have the best of both worlds in the form of a more sleeker toned down hatch vs having to drive around hubby's huge ass winged STI that makes every cop in town stare and wait for me to do something I shouldn't.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

a lot of the og's have moved on. Car is more affordable now, new market. The forum is getting sort of weak, no more interesting build up threads. I spend more time on nasioc now reading the ppb thread and ot.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Archived