LegacyGT.com

How fast is an 05 Legacy GT ltd?

Just wondering. I've done a lot of googling and have seen at least 3 different estimates of the LGT's 0-60 mph time, ranging from 7.1-5.5 seconds. I've read that the manual is significantly faster than the automatic; is that true? Anyone have solid 0-60/quarter mile times for a stock 05 legacy gt ltd manual? What about after a stage 1 ecu upgrade?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it helps-

I got 5.6 0-60, still worse some magazine times, with a stage 1. tested with the cobb AP performance function

never launched the car prior to that night. (actually never launched any car)

Bogged launches got me high 5's.

This was either level or slightly uphill.

car for sale. PM me!

Most mag times range from 5.6-5.9 0-60 and 13.95-14.2 1/4 mile times. Its been too long to remember what I got on my Gtech pro when it was stock. I think it was low 5's though because I remember laughing that my stock jap car was as quick as my friends WS6 with exhaust as we tested his with same Gtech and got same results.

Take a look at some real world examples, ETs that is.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru--Legacy-Drag-Racing.html

The rags have such varying testing methodologies from one to another, it's difficult to get the real answer.

Drive the car and just use your butt dyno too.

:wub:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

The Legacy isnt that fast, dont let 1/4 times fool you. ONLY reason why we get good 1/4 miles is because of AWD launch. In real world senario, a stock Legacy will get spanked by S2000's and 350Z's. That little edge off the line performance time might be satisfying to come people, but when you start to get pulled on in the top end, its very disapointing.

Say what?

Yes sir, you do a roll on the highway, and theyll walk on you. Go from a dig, you might be ahead for about 15 seconds then they will walk on you. I love my LGT, dont get me wrong... but thats the honest truth.

someting tells me the image of frustrated wotters in the rearview after a throttle tap is not alien to many here.

rc is on the right track, though (i love that swap btw ;)); fast is relative. if you think a stock sti is 'fast', try a stage 2 gt. if you think a stg 2 gt is god, you're asking for an ass-handing soon.

oh, and the auto is sooo much slower, it can often be seen trailing slime :rolleyes:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21501

The Legacy isnt that fast, dont let 1/4 times fool you. ONLY reason why we get good 1/4 miles is because of AWD launch. In real world senario, a stock Legacy will get spanked by S2000's and 350Z's. That little edge off the line performance time might be satisfying to come people, but when you start to get pulled on in the top end, its very disapointing.

First off, why are you comparing the Legacy times to an S2000 and Nissan 350Z? They are both RWD 2 seat sport coupes. The legacy is a 4 door family sedan.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

AT maybe...MT you need driving lessons ;)

lol I can drive a manual very well and I would say a 350Z will pull on a stock Legacy 6MT 80-150mph. Thats just on a straight highway, what do you think a 6MT Legacy GT would do to a 6MT 350Z/S2000 on Laguna Secca?

First off, why are you comparing the Legacy times to an S2000 and Nissan 350Z? They are both RWD 2 seat sport coupes. The legacy is a 4 door family sedan.

I was trying to give the OP an idea how fast the LGT really is by using cars with simular 1/4 times as comparisons. Fast is subjective and your right, I shouldnt even compare a family sedan to a sports car LOL.

Autoweek:

05 GT Limited (5MT)

0-60 5.2

1/4 13.95 @ 97.5mph

Depends on driver, launch and weather conditions.

Better tires and firmer suspension will give you a better initial launch, thus the faster 0-60's found with the spec B vs. stock GT (per mags...not much though)

Better tires and firmer suspension will give you a better initial launch, thus the faster 0-60's found with the spec B vs. stock GT (per mags...not much though)

That might be true if there was wheel spin but there is not.

The Spec.B has a taller final drive owing to larger wheels which should negatively affect acceleration.

Been down this road many times and your reasons are not sound.

Archived