LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
There's an elderly lady that lives in my town and she has a 99 outback limited that has the dual sun roofs and all, and it had 27k on it the last time I saw her. That was a few years ago but if I had to guess I would say the mileage probably hasn't gone up to much.

I think that is one of the lowest mileages I've seen for a 2nd gen. My parent's 2000 Outback turned turned 50K miles recently.

Yeah i bought the car last June with 38000 miles on it. I feel like the car is just starting to break in. :spin:

Drove it to my wife's office to pickup her new computer. Sounds like I'm going to have to replace the front left wheel bearing. Torrin 40T press FTW.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 3 months later...
Amazing, there's motors on here with over half a million ks on them. I wonder how long one of these 2.2 motors is capable of going for? My own has 232 thousand ks on it and still runs like a dream.

185k original engine. timing belt and head gaskets were done at 142k when I bought the car. they didn't replace the tensioner and I lost the new timing belt shortly after I bought it. luckily no internal damage and they replaced the belt again, AND tensioner. for free.

183,259 miles. Original motor and trans. Because the owner I bought it from had no idea, I've replaced plugs and wires, doing brakes yesterday and today. The timing belt looks in good condition, but the next item on my list is to replace that.