LegacyGT.com

ACT Street Lite FW rev video

Break Beat Zen

It's a nice setup. It's only been a few days since I had it installed so I haven’t got it down just yet. The clutch just grabs instantly so first gear starts are kind of rough right now and there is some chatter. The clutch pedal effort is very minimal though, I don’t have to use much strength to push it down. From my reading the clutch gets easier to operate with time as it gets broken in and as you learn to drive it better. It’s like driving a whole different car at first and will take some time to get it down right. I do have the TOB squeal issue though so I’m going to try the bracket/spring combo another member here did to silence it

From my reading the clutch gets easier to operate with time as it gets broken in and as you learn to drive it better. It’s like driving a whole different car at first and will take some time to get it down right.

My very first experience with my new ACT clutch / LWFW was pulling out in to traffic. I should have drove around the parking lot a little or something :lol:

It was soooo different from stock, and grabbed instantly, that I stalled pulling out in to traffic (with cars coming!)

It didn't take long to get comfortable with it, and within the first week it was much smoother and less grabby. The clutch pedal itself was smoother as well, feeling very much like stock if not lighter.

It most definately does become easier to operate in time. With nearly 3 months installed and well over 3k miles on mine, it's a very smooth and way easier to drive.

Oddly enough, I expected more of a difference with the flywheel itself. Maybe it's just because I've gotten used to it, but it doesn't seem like the lightweight flywheel really changed anything. I can't even tell a big difference when revving it in neutral

You want pics of his wife also :confused:

FWIW I rode with F1anatic over the weekend and he has this setup. It was very chatery (sp?) and would annoy the shit out of me for a DD.

Are you sure it wasn't the 6-puck? Mine never chatters, just a bit more gear noise.

do you hear significantly more transmission noise since installed the flywheel especially when the throttle is off.

Most definately. That's basically the reason we have the dual mass dealybob in the first place, is to reduce noise.

The lightweight flywheel is fairly noisy at 0% throttle (but fine at like 1% :p)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Any of you using 6 puck? Was a bit hard to tell...just wondering whether to go with street perf or 6 puck. (Running about 60 HP over stock...not worried once it's engaged...more concerned with if I want to do occassional launches if it can hold up.)

Thanks. Not going past 20g, but I wonder if it's more about how you drive. I've babied the stock clutch and it's held up well for 50k (virtually no launches in 1st gear...my basic rule is never "stomp on it" until the clutch is fully engaged). However, I'm sure if I launched it even moderately a lot, the stock clutch would have worn out long ago.

I want to be able to do occassional "moderate" launches (maybe once or twice a week) without worrying. Interesting LtBlue has a 6 puck Bulley clutch (I think that's what it is) and it has no chatter at all (I've driven it...pedal is real easy too), yet it's strong as an ox. Sounds like a lot of ACT people with 6 puck have chatter issues.

Archived