LegacyGT.com

Question about drilling for oem hid install

cujo13

hey , i just installed a pair of oem d2s bulbs with an h7 adapter in my stock projectors .. its connected to a hella gen 3 ballast .. my question, i think the connector from the bulb to the ballast is too big to even get the plastic cover on (let alone drill a hole to make the wires fit) . has anyone else encounted this problem b4? anyone else do any retrofitting?

right now, i just have the headlights without any plastic covering? i'm worried cuz tmw it'll rain, and theres nothing sealing it ..

thanx

well i thought about drilling, except the connection goes straight downwards rather than horizontal .. plus the connector i think would be too big to even fit in the plastic cap ... i'll try and take pics to explain

well i thought about drilling, except the connection goes straight downwards rather than horizontal .. plus the connector i think would be too big to even fit in the plastic cap ... i'll try and take pics to explain

i encountered that exact same thing when i tested out d2s in our projectors. although i used an audi hela gen 3 ballast which curves inward and downward. you will have to cut a nice big hole in your housing. just one of the many reasons i did a complete retro fit.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

so here are pics of my setup .. as u can see, the connection from bulb to the ballast goes straight down. is there anyway to seal this up? i was thinking of just electric taping the whole thing .. messy but hopefully functionable

any suggestions?

IMG_0671.jpg.46d1ef8a40c7664f1b10659705f2d931.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg.29704c5b1b280dd47bb938c0fd658db1.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg.91acfb4169e36f2766238df47b131905.jpg

hey vxcl, u mind if u can post some pics of your setup or pm me with some pics?

thanx

in the sig :) your ballasts seem to be bmw units. i used hella gen 4 to avoid that problem. i know exactly where your at right now.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived