LegacyGT.com

2005 lgt salvaged

LoganZJ

First of all I am a total legacy newb. I have seen this Craigslist ad for an 05 lgt not far from me.

Link to the ad: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/3383901283.html

The car had been salvaged due to a "minor front end collision". The headlight and the hood were replaced. There was no frame or suspension damage, and the airbags were not deployed.

To me 430 hp seems pretty optimistic, however as stated earlier, I am very inexperienced with these cars.

So, my questions are all typical....

Is this a fair price?

What should I be aware of?

How accurate do you think the hp numbers are?

Has anyone seen this legacy before on the forums or otherwise?

FWIW the seller seemed like a good guy from our brief conversation.

$10.9K would be about average for an 05 with 90K. However, the salvage title does reduce the value. I doubt that just a hood and headlights would total enough to "total out" this car. That would throw up a red flag for me. Mods can add to the total value of the car, but it's difficult to say exactly how much because i'm not sure if they were done by a reputable shop or just tossed on the car by some teenager. 430awhp is fairly easy to accomplish on these cars, but would require a fairly large turbo and would be pushing the stock block past its limits. The tune would need to be perfect for this car to last long term.

I'm sure the OP thanks you for your vague opinion accompanied by no explanation.

I'm way too new to be a smart ass, but that's pretty accurate.

I doubt that just a hood and headlights would total enough to "total out" this car. That would throw up a red flag for me.

Thank you for confirming this suspicion.

430awhp is fairly easy to accomplish on these cars, but would require a fairly large turbo and would be pushing the stock block past its limits. The tune would need to be perfect for this car to last long term.

Good to know. Thank you for your concise summary.

I believe what I need to do is start researching and learning about the 4th gen lgts and pick up a stocker when I move back to Colorado.

Thanks a bunch man

Is this a fair price?

What should I be aware of?

How accurate do you think the hp numbers are?

Has anyone seen this legacy before on the forums or otherwise?

1. The seller doesn't know what's done to the car. Walk away.

2. It looks like shit.

3. 100% inaccurate.

4. no

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

2. It looks like shit.

3. 100% inaccurate.

4. no

Hilarious!

If you are moving back to Co, then I would def wait. There are so many LGTs here

Agreed. There really are so many more. It will give me more time to save up and continue to learn about these cars.

i saw this lgt when i was searching for one months ago and i passed on it.

first off this thing has a good bit of mods and no one knows for sure if its tuned right. it could say one thing while another was done.

its been in an accident, and this is not a personal vehicle unless i am mistaken. (has dealer plates) and is for sale at a dealer ship so its either a consignment vehicle which they will not know jack about or they bought it from an auction or something.

i would keep looking and buy a lower milage as close to stock one to your liking. GL

and the hood and bumper paint job is just horrible, i can speak from experience that color is a pain to paint but a good painter will do a better job then that and the hood doesn't line up with the bumper but edges are good.

those are just my reasons :)

2. It looks like shit.

3. 100% inaccurate.

4. no

How can you say inaccurate? What are you basing that on? I think it is more likely to have power in that range then you think. I say this because (1) it's def not LGT style fitment and (2) whatever turbo it has uses a 3" inlet. Name one turbo that isn't 400+ hp that uses that configuration.

I'm just saying,

"This car has been babied,"

and 430AWHP don't go together...

If you can get it cheap and have money put a proper short block in it, then it should be a fun car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

How can you say inaccurate? What are you basing that on? I think it is more likely to have power in that range then you think. I say this because (1) it's def not LGT style fitment and (2) whatever turbo it has uses a 3" inlet. Name one turbo that isn't 400+ hp that uses that configuration.

There are a few things that stand out:

http://i.imgur.com/2FCuo.jpg

1. COBB SRI; terrible heat soak with this application

2. See those circle on the intercooler? holes.

3. Damage

4. see how the couplers clamps are facing up? rookie mistake.

5. Lazy

6. pipes rubbing on hood

7. old headlight indicates drivers was changed.

• Moderators
The "old headlight" could actually indicate that the passenger side was replaced and was replaced with a crappy part. Both the headlights on my '05 are in great shape, so I would suspect that the aftermarket piece on the passenger side is just hazing badly.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

turned out my LGt was wrecked all to heck and salvaged when I bought it , Ive spen a ton of cash on it and looking back Id been better off getting one that hadnt been wrecked.

Id look form something with a clean title , unless you can get this one for less that 6k - thats about what Id offer even wiht all the mods - a bank wouldnt lend you anything for a salavged car and you can plan on doing alot of little stuff right out of the gate .

Heres one thats nicer wiht fewer miles 1

http://danville.craigslist.org/cto/3450554311.html

turned out my LGt was wrecked all to heck and salvaged when I bought it , Ive spen a ton of cash on it and looking back Id been better off getting one that hadnt been wrecked.

Id look form something with a clean title , unless you can get this one for less that 6k - thats about what Id offer even wiht all the mods - a bank wouldnt lend you anything for a salavged car and you can plan on doing alot of little stuff right out of the gate .

Heres one thats nicer wiht fewer miles 1

http://danville.craigslist.org/cto/3450554311.html

Hilarious!

Archived