LegacyGT.com

Sqeeky brakes

Well when I bought my lgt I noticed a squeeking noise coming from the front wheel areas during driving and it would go away when I got on the brakes. I was told its because the pads were bouncing around and squeeking and then when I braked they would get held down causing the squeeking to stop. So I replaced my pads and rotors and put a bit of silicon on the back of the pads to hold them to the caliper but they still squeek during driving. I've thought it could be a wheel bearing but I think it would have failed after this long and it doesn't explain why it goes away when I brake.

can you narrow it down to a single side? did the rotors/pads you replaced look odd in anyway, ie unusual wearing? i don't know exactly why it would but it could help narrow it down as you are still having the issue. did the dust shields look like they were rubbing anywhere or something along those lines?

They previous rotors shook a little under braking but had no signs of strange wear when I pulled them off. I made sure to use plenty of brake grease in all the contact areas of the caliper and where the pads meet the calipers. The dust shields had no signs of contact on either side but now the passenger side seems to squeek more than the drivers side. Also it seems to squeek more on the passenger side when I'm in a right hand turn.

Archived