LegacyGT.com

Anyone use Costco to purchase?

indyeric

I'm in Indianapolis and was looking into the pricing available through my Costco membership and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this program or anything similar?

The salesman explained the deal that Costco researches the best deals people are typically getting on the purchase of a particular model and then they undercut that price slightly. He wasn't willing to give pricing over the phone or any details on the lease programs offered now. Of course he wanted me to come in for a test drive (which I haven't even done yet) to try and schmooze me. Fortunately I've been reading through the threads on what people have been getting so I know whether or not to call BS. BTW, it's pretty cool that on this board everyone is pretty honest about what they were able to get.

I used the Costco program, and they sent me to the dealer I'd have gone to in the first place (but to be fair there are only a couple of dealers near by).

The lady I dealt with was way more than willing to talk lease rates in detail and purchase prices as well over the phone. I was happy with the way she treated me on the phone, so I went in and bought. Paid dealer invoice for the car with no haggling. I was happy with that.

I won't buy from a dealer that won't give me answers to my questions on the phone. I had a Motorcycle dealer pull that on me last spring, so I called all the other dealers in the area until I found one that would quote me a price on the phone and went and bought it from there. Turns out they are an awesome dealer, and I won't hesitate to do business with them again.

The thing about Costco or auto club program is that they will set a price for the members and this is usually a few hundred dollars over invoice, so if you could get a dealer that will give it to you below invoice that would be better.

Archived