LegacyGT.com

GT vs. 2.5i questions

I recently got a 07 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited (which I LOVE!!). Will the same parts that fit on 2.5i that fit on the GT??....If any which ones?? What simple mods would ya'll suggest (besides the obvious of wheels)?? Thanks to all who are helpful!!

Especially Sway and Strut bars, Suspension, and Exhaust??? Thanks!!

Any GT catback will fit as long as you have an exhaust shop do a little modification.

Suspension you can do most things that are available for the GT. Springs, shocks/struts, coilovers, rear sway bar, front sway bar (only if you do a small bit of dremelling on the headers), cusco rear lower brace, strut tower braces.

Engine you're pretty much left to low mass pulley and a custom CAI.

Weight savings can be seen through wheels, lighter battery (Braille or Oddysey), removing spare, etc.

For a brake upgrade, I'd suggest getting a set of GT rotors/calipers or 04 STi calipers/rotors.

If you want to do a spring upgrade, I'd suggest getting a set of atleast GT shocks/struts. The 2.5i shocks/struts are even worse than the GT when it comes to stiffer lowering springs.

Yeah as far as the engine goes, not too much. I made an intake for it using the info here in the NA section but I took it off. Definately louder and maybe a little extra pull up top but all in all, I wasn't thrilled.

Definately go for a JDM rear sway bar. Relatively inexpensive and what a difference. That and you can usually find decent deals on the JDM Bilstein suspension which is awesome. I put the JDM GT Bilsteins on with pinks in the rear and tanabes up front and it gave me an even drop with exceptional handling. Especially coupled with the JDM rear sway.

I had a set of 18" prodrives on for a while then went to the BBS STi wheels and that was a huge difference as well. The BBS were so much lighter and felt more responsive. 18's just give a rougher ride in general. I'm back to the stockers now and I really dig them.

Just a few pics to whore out there :icon_bigg

Before anything:

http://www.jacktevnan.com/images/Legacy/subaru%201.JPG

After "some things"

http://www.jacktevnan.com/images/Legacy/lowered/lowered2.jpg

http://www.jacktevnan.com/images/Legacy/BBS/newbbs5.jpg

http://www.jacktevnan.com/images/Legacy/intake/finished.jpg

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Guest subiecity
yea 2.5i parts...your F***** i tried u aint gonna get any noticable gains, u want real power? floor it going down hill and pretend u have a ferrari,,,,works for me

On sway bars, the front is different for the GT and the 2.5i because of the clearance required for the exhaust manifold.

Most companies GT designed fronts will not fit but Whiteline does have one model specific to the 2.5i. I tried to fit a Perrin front but it did not work.

I understand the rear is not an issue.

Fudd

On sway bars, the front is different for the GT and the 2.5i because of the clearance required for the exhaust manifold.

Most companies GT designed fronts will not fit but Whiteline does have one model specific to the 2.5i. I tried to fit a Perrin front but it did not work.

I understand the rear is not an issue.

Fudd

You can make them fit. ;)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=845956&postcount=3

Also try rallitek. They've recently added a non-turbo FSB.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Dang. Now I can't find it.

Contact Sean at Rallitek.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Yeah I've seen the FSB from Rallitek for a non-turbo, I was just curious....and Gosh everytime I see Jackacc's Legacy I about faint it's the sexiest wagon I've ever seen, although I don't like the BBS wheels, I prefer the PFF7's wayyy better....

Rallitek rules! Sean is the nicest guy and has been helping me and my friends since back in the d'zay.

I didn't get a GT on purpose, so I don't feel bad about having a 'slow' car. This thing is def faster and smoother than my 00GT, 01L, or 03SE. And I had some turbo cars in there, too ;)

Oh, yeah, and to the original post - I'm fitting the Tein Basic COs this month so I'll let everyone know how I feel about them...I had them on my 03SE wagon and loved 'em.

Archived