LegacyGT.com

Who has put on their snows?

STiSubie109

Just curious as to when everyone is putting on their snow tires. It still seems to early as this past weekend was 65+ degrees out. I dont want to wear out the soft compound to much. Early dec or the first snow whichever comes first is what I was thinking. Any other feedback?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta put mine on soon. i got a nail in my right rear tire causing a slow leak which i have to fill up once a week. Plus after a full season of autox, my tires are shot. I have yokohama advan neova ad07s on now and dunlop winter sport m3s for the winter.

Mine are on, the temps were in the low 40s and then it went back to the 50s and i did it, now whats up with the 65+ temps here? Mother Nature must be hittin the rock again :lol: BTW I am running Nokian WRs and they are good in dry and wet and don't wear too bad in warmer weather, but still great in the snow.

Mine are going on by Thanksgiving. Have you seen the C&D tires comparison of the F1 GS D3's, A/S, and dedicated snows (all from Goodyear)? F1 GS D3's are baby fur seals on snow and ice.

I may get a set of WR's instead of the RSI's because of the amount of driving I do. I'd like to compare them on the same car. We have them on our MPV now.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

hmm, interesting. I'm in the market for some new snows
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

got viking snow techs last night. soooo mushy compared to the re070's and braking sucks now. :(

They were tested in the ADAC low-cost snow test: low cost with good winter performance, poor performance on dry roads and really bad wet braking, AIR.

http://www.adac.de/Tests/Reifentests/Winterreifen/195_65_R15T_2006/Viking_Snowtech.asp?ComponentID=163505&SourcePageID=163625

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...

Archived