LegacyGT.com

jdm projectors

bjmsdrum00

i just got a set of the JDM headlights for my '97 legacy gt, and me not being experienced in buying and installing japanese equipment on an american car . . .:confused: anyway, i could really use a point in the right direction as to how to get them hooked up. does anyome make like an adapter harness? or am i going to have to work with the wires or what??? please help, cause man those jdm projectors would look sweet.

I would not think that someone make an adapter. The issue is that the USDM Legacy's got a dual beam bulb, and the JDM/EDM units have a separate High and Low beam bulb. In addition they also have what is know as a city light (a weaker version of daytime running lights).

I helped a Legacy owner with his installation a while back, and while the information that I posted on my web site is incorrect (it assumed that the car was a negative ground, but Subaru uses what is known as a Positive Ground system), it shows the basic concept of wiring in the JDM lights. Instead of the high and low beam wires on the existing headlight connector providing 12volts, they instead connect the circuit to ground. The ground that I show on the right side of the diagram should actually go to the positive regulated 12volt side of the altenator.

If you are not able to find any more information I could probably update the diagram to show how the installation should be accomplished.

Oh here is the link: http://www.weblumen.com/legacy

• 2 years later...
... If you are not able to find any more information I could probably update the diagram to show how the installation should be accomplished.

Oh here is the link: http://www.weblumen.com/legacy

I realize that this is an old post but I am now looking at doing the same thing (i.e., JDM projectors in 1995 Legacy). The link above does not work, although, and the root page has nothing on it. Thx.

Sorry, rebuilt the server... I'll repost the pages. The most difficult think to remember is that Subaru (I forgot the term), completes a circuit by allowing the ground to reach the negative terminal of the battery. So basically the circuit always has power, as opposed to power is applied when the switch is turned on.

Archived