LegacyGT.com

Getting Into the Spec B

Okay, so the Spec B has anthracite inserts in the seats that I personally do not slide on very easily when my butt goes onto it. I'm 6'3" and about 210 pounds, so I'm a big guy, but not fat or anything out of the ordinary. I find that when I first get in and turn my legs forward, I have to kinda pick myself up either using the side of the seat or by putting my elbow into the center console and pushing myself up. Sometimes I use the steering wheel as well. I feel like me pushing back on the seat that hard is starting to make it creek and me pushing on the console is going to break it eventually.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's probably my biggest issue with the car right now, which is not to say it's a big issue - just really annoying and slightly bothersome/worrying.

Anthracite:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ssr/swap/ssr_typec_rs_anth_ci3_l.jpg

Alcantara:

http://www.speedsportlife.com/photopost/data/1002/thumbs/07_Legacy_spec_B_FrontSeat.jpg

....I think you have your materials confused, anthracite would be pretty easy to slide on, considering it is a type of metal.

On the search for a new DD...

Have you tried sliding the seat back before you get in or better yet, leaving it all the way back and getting used to it? (my feet just make it at 6' but I have longish legs)

I think to expect to be able to WEDGE your body HORIZONTALLY between the floor of the car with your feet and your back to LIFT your 210lbs of man and scoot over shold probably break the seat at some point. That is a lot of force, if I am understanding this right. I doubt the steering wheel would break.

Another question would be, can you adjust the seat where your ass goes so that the front of the seat is higher than the rear of it? In effect, making your knees a little higher than your ass so that you can just lift yourself with your legs briefly... Thats actually how I settle myself and I am your size +15-20lbs

Im bout 5'7 and i kinda have this problem too. but i see it with every car i get in. I always pull my self into place. But compared to you im short and light so i prolly dont put as much strain on the wheel and console as you do

All I can think of is my grandparents buying a new car with vinyl seats so that my grandma could slide in and out easier and then putting cloth seat covers over them so the cold or heat doesn't bother her.

But seriously, there isn't much you can do for that other than get used to it. I used to have cloth seats which are even worse, you have to literally lift your butt off the seat to readjust.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I'm glad someone already corrected the type of material. The material on the seat is Alcantara. The point of it is to be sticky. This is not something to complain about. The point is it keeps you in position during cornering and aggressive maneuvers. Not to mention it's very durable.

Wow. I cannot believe I wrote anthracite instead of alcantara. To be fair to myself, I was looking at pics of ANTHRACITE wheels before I posted. ;)

As for the idea of putting the seat all the way back before I get it, the seat already is and always stays all the way back. That's where I need it to drive. In fact, an inch or two further back would be nice, but it's at the stops right now.

I will try tilting the seat back.

Any other ideas, suggestions, comments, or concerns? Anyone else with this problem?

Offer to trade interiors with another local member and get full leather?

I don't have the problem getting into my car (6'4" 260) and I like how I don't slide around on the seat. It holds me nicely.

As for the idea of putting the seat all the way back before I get it, the seat already is and always stays all the way back. That's where I need it to drive. In fact, an inch or two further back would be nice, but it's at the stops right now.

Sounds like you may need to modify the seat mount to move the seat back a little more? I know it is hard for me to get into the seat after my girl drives and scoots the seat up a few notches.

Offer to trade interiors with another local member and get full leather?

I don't have the problem getting into my car (6'4" 260) and I like how I don't slide around on the seat. It holds me nicely.

Can you explain how exactly you get into the car? How is it that when you get in at first, your butt doesn't kinda get stuck on the left side of the seat and then you have to pick yourself up to center yourself? How do you get in the car? Does your right foot go in first? Do you sit your butt down first then swing in?

Sounds like you may need to modify the seat mount to move the seat back a little more? I know it is hard for me to get into the seat after my girl drives and scoots the seat up a few notches.

How might one go about modifying the seats to do that?

How might one go about modifying the seats to do that?

I have not removed the seats in the leggy so I do not know for sure but in my honda I put in a knock off riceing seat (yeah thats right) and drilled holes to mount it as the mounts did not line up. I bet you could move the brackets back 2" with a few holes new holes.

Can you explain how exactly you get into the car? How is it that when you get in at first, your butt doesn't kinda get stuck on the left side of the seat and then you have to pick yourself up to center yourself? How do you get in the car? Does your right foot go in first? Do you sit your butt down first then swing in?

never really gave it much thought.... I think I plant my right foot near the tranny tunnel slide in then drop onto the seat and then pull in the left leg to the dead peadal and push myself in so I'm firmly into the seat. Sometimes my shirt hikes up as I sit down.

I've never put this much thought into getting into a car. I open the door, stick my foot in, then position myself where I'm comfortable. Maybe I'm too tiny? I'm 5'9", 140lbs and still pretty young.

never really gave it much thought.... I think I plant my right foot near the tranny tunnel slide in then drop onto the seat and then pull in the left leg to the dead peadal and push myself in so I'm firmly into the seat. Sometimes my shirt hikes up as I sit down.

That describes how I do it. No real thought into it.

Archived