LegacyGT.com

HAWK pads

I installed a set of Hawk HPS pads a while ago, and every time I hit a bump the pads rattle in the calipers...still.

When I removed the stock pads, there was a backing plate on each pad, was I not supposed to reuse them?

There were 2 backing plates on each pad on mine. Did you use both on each pad? Also, I had to re-seat mine a couple times to get the tension fingers to sit right on the bottom of the calipers. They kept slipping past the flat spot on the end plate inserts. I can get pics if you need them.
Let's kick this pig!

If you got pics I'd like to see them. My pins may be out of alignment.

I only had one backing plate per pad, and yes I did reuse them. I'm thinking the noise are those thin metal backing plates rattling between the pad and the caliper. But I'm not sure, I've never had this problem before.

The pads work great though, far better than the cr*p stock ones.

I'm still trying to find my install pics. You might want to go to the parts store and get a tube/bottle of the orange brake pad adhesive that you can put in the back side of the pads. It will hold the pads to the caliper housing on the outside and the pistons on the inside. I actually have a metalic rattle in my front end, but it's not the brake pads. I think it's either the sway bar endlinks or a worn control arm bushing.
Let's kick this pig!

I swap my HPS front and rear pads in and out of my car on a regular basis and have never had issues with rattles or tensions springs not fitting correctly. The backing plates do fit a little loosely over the HPS pads vs the stockers, but a little bit of disc brake quite seems to glue eberything together nicely.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived