LegacyGT.com

Whats the likelyhood of a 2008 Radio working in a 05-07?

CarbonCrew

I think I've read that the color might be a little bit different but that's no big deal. It does seem to be the same shape.

I was thinking about getting an 07 radio, but I really hate XM and would like the option of Sirius. The 08 radio Fits that bill.

So what do you think?

if you spend the money on this, please let us know :)

sorry, but I imagine you wont find much info as far as people who have tried it. What you MAY want to do is speak with the parts department of your subaru (or http://www.subaruparts.com they have a great support group there, and they can send you pictures and whatnot of the pins on the radio IF Its in the drawings n whatnot) if the connectors that you have are there.. and there's a few more then those are probablly for the external stuff like sirius n whatnot..

so my guess is.. yes n no.. :)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Well, I PM'd Opie about it, and he said he doubt it'd be possible. Here's what he said when I asked about the Part numbers for the '07 & '08 radios. So at this point, I doubt an '08 would work.

The P/N's for the '07 & '08 Radio's is different...and even worse, the climate control wiring is totally different between the two years.

Well, I PM'd Opie about it, and he said he doubt it'd be possible. Here's what he said when I asked about the Part numbers for the '07 & '08 radios. So at this point, I doubt an '08 would work.

Who is Opie? Sorry I'm new.

Does he know exactly what has changed with the climate control wiring between the years? Where is he getting his information?

Who is Opie? Sorry I'm new.

Does he know exactly what has changed with the climate control wiring between the years? Where is he getting his information?

Opie is a forum member and he works for Subaru.

2007 Audio/Climate Control Assembly P/N: 86201AG67A

2008 Audio/Climate Control Assembly P/N: 86201AG67B

2005-2007 Audio/Climate controls for the Legacy GT models can be interchanged for the most part as the radio wiring and climate control wiring is the same unless you get into models with Navigation and/or XM radio.

In 2008 the audio wiring is the same, but the climate control wiring has changed enough that it won't work without some electrical wizardry...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived