LegacyGT.com

Legacys with gauges show yourself!

CRAZY KEN

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give me the measurements and I'll find you one! You just need video input right??? ...no audio need!!! BTW where will the HKS unit and controller be mounted??? CRAZY KEN Jedimaster: How did you / where did you install it??? Show me some picks!!!

• 1 month later...
...you nav for a XT is nice (even though we haven't seen it yet), but I am more interested in the GT's no puin intended!!! CRAZY KEN Xenonk (Keefe) ...I got no funds for the HKS camp system...I just want a couple of Defi gauges!!!

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']I just have the defi mounted on the column right now.....with the link meter and remote V1 in the cubby. ??[/QUOTE] [b]Boxer[/b] - any pics?! forgive me if you posted them elsewhere. can you repost here, if you did? I should have a 3-by guage pod dashboard mounted in 24 hrs if things go well for me tomorrow!

I think I might replace the driver side vent instead with an LCD since it's square-shaped.. might be a lot easier to deal with.. OR.. replace the whole center vent with an LCD all together and block off the ducting.. I'll try both.
Keefe

I'm just waiting for an A-Pillar pod like the one I had in my Integra to emerge. I don't know if its going to work considering the fact that our a-pillars are coverd in cloth. I may have to come up with something else, but it was the best place for a dual gauge pod. I hate the idea of covering up any of my gauges in the dash... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/pillarpod.jpg[/IMG]

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

AutoMeter sells the individual single black A-pillar gauge housings that you just drill and bolt up to the stock A-pillar: [img]http://hp.autometer.com/products/product_photos/cf_pod.jpg[/img] Eventhough Autometer has specific parts for cars, they are all just drilled into the stock A-pillar plastic piece. Some even require slight modification to make them fit properly. My suggestion is to buy a Subaru WRX version (since I think the shape is fairly the same, although the angle might be different) and install it. [url]http://hp.autometer.com/products/mounting_solutions/mounting_solutions.html[/url] Keefe
Keefe

Yeah, but I don't really want it to look bolted on. I liked the OEM look of what I had before. It was also an Autometer pod and it was an exact match to the interior of my car. If I do it again then it would have to match. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/pillarpod2.jpg[/IMG] I'm thinking that sooner or later someone is going to make a box that replaces that cubby above the stereo and allows easy installation of a couple gauges. That is my hope anyway. I may have to buy an extra one and start fabricating. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Has anyone made calls to some of these vendors? This seems like it would be an easy part to have made for us. Perrin has one that sits behind your steering wheel but I dont care for it. I still dont understand why subaru offers a boost gauge for the baja and not the legacy?? I think every subaru on the dealership lot had a boost gauge except the legacy when I bought mine..

Yeah, I know what you mean about the factory boost gauge. If one had been available, I would have ordered it with the car. Now I'm just waiting for those much more techically saavy than me to come up with the perfect cubby LCD panel that can display everything I want, flip over and be a DVD panel for the nav system. Hey - I'm the optimist - it could happen. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='wayne53']I am waiting for the a-pillar mount. Everything on the market now isn't the look I want. -Tyler[/QUOTE] Is there any gauge pods other than the perrin? besides the univerals of course? The perrin is the only one I've seen..

Archived