LegacyGT.com

Cell Phone Vent Mount Recommendations?

direavenger

I had this one from Verizon wireless for my LG 4500. Fit well enough, though it did rattle. Also didn't like the fact that the phone and mount covered the entire vent. The mount also completely covers the buttons on side of phone.

Was a real PIA to take if back off! I man-handled it off and accidentally drove over it... wouldn't recommend the vent solution if you don't have to.

univ_vent_car_holder.jpg.f8c8c510aefbe40228034e2da95f9fa9.jpg

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I had this one from Verizon wireless for my LG 4500.

Did it hit the side buttons while it was crimped onto the phone, or did you just lock the phone so that didn't happen?

I'd love not to use a vent mount, but it seems like that driver's side vent is the perfect place to put a mount.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Do a Google search for Bracketron. I rep for a large distributor in Toronto that carries their line, but I am not sure of their distribution in USA.

They make a ton of clamps, brackets, etc, for Sat radio, iPods, cell phones. I don't think they have custom mounts for Subarus, but their clamps are quite nice. Similar to the Verizon clamp posted above here...

Did it hit the side buttons while it was crimped onto the phone, or did you just lock the phone so that didn't happen?

I'd love not to use a vent mount, but it seems like that driver's side vent is the perfect place to put a mount.

The side buttons were crimped by the mount. I'm continually working the volume buttons on the side of my phone so the mount was not a very good option for me. I assume you can lock the buttons and be okay as long as you don't need to adjust the volume.

Beware the rattle...

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I'll endorse the Proclip vent mount. I have mine set up with a set of clips -- one for the Magellan, one for the iPod, so I can swap 'em out. Usually, it's the Magellan sitting there (no nav: '05). I have similar mounts in the Miata, so that I can move the nav or the iPod over there. They are not cheap, however.

• 4 weeks later...

The holder itself is fine, it's the mount (at least the one I have) that doesn't fit properly.

The edges that are supposed to fit into the gaps don't have a flush fit between trims (although in the photos below you'd think they do)

http://www.proclipusa.com/core/framework/scripts/image.asp?path=/media/images/products/dashmounts/Installation%20images/853389-1.jpg&width=400&height=400

http://www.proclipusa.com/core/framework/scripts/image.asp?path=/media/images/products/dashmounts/Installation%20images/853389-3.jpg&width=400&height=400

Don't get me wrong, the product itself is great. But once you attach the mount you'll see that the trim won't fully attach back to the clips in the dash.

My main consern is if it can hold JVC tuner weight. According to proclip website this holder is attached using double sided tape and I am not sure if that strong enough. I like how it looks on pics and that the best one I've seen so far.

Archived