LegacyGT.com

Subaru of Palm Bay, and Subaru of America

Hi,

I just had to take my 05' Legacy to have a sticky window swith replaced, and all the power outlets fixed, the outlet by the ashtray has no power, and the one in the armrest pulled out when i disconected the gps that was plugged into it.

The car only has 31k miles, and i purchased it in a fleet sale in may of 06' so it was out of warrantee the warrantee actualy expired dec. of 07'. And even though the problems started before Dec. The cars Bumper to Bumper WArrantee expired.

I explained to Tiffany in the service dept. of Subaru of Palm Bay that I am disabled, to the point that most of the time I cant drive my car any more. In fact we rarely use it unless we're going out somewhere. So I couldn't get it in before my warrantee expired anyway, and my wifes working hours as an AF recruiter made it impossible for her to take it in.

Tiffany told me I should call Subaru because they are so customer oriented and I might get lucky.

Well, after speaking with Subaru about my problem not only did they extend the warrantee. When I asked how adding Megan racing outback Coilovers to my car to raise it up 2" so I could carry my Segway, which is an alternative to a mobility chair for me, would affect my warrantee. They told me that because the mod was used to assist me with my disabilaty, it wouldn't affect my warrantee at all.

I don't know of any other car company who would do that. It honestly almost made me cry. I need my Segway to get around almost anywhere except a mini mart. And the only way to carry it on the legacy is to mount a hauler on the hitch, but it would bounce on the pavement over any thing larger than a small dip. The Megan Racing Outback Coilovers allowed me to raise my car so it doesn't drag the hitch on the pavement any more. And to allow that mod under warrantee, and make the repairs after the warrantee expire, not by a couple of days but by over four months.

I will be forever faithful to Subaru. A car company with a heart.

GREAT POST!!

I wish more people would post their positive Subaru experiences like this one, instead of complaining about the negative.

Glad to see you got the help you needed. I can't say enough GOOD things about Subaru. I love em.. three in a row now and have no plans on that changing in the future

I wish more people would post their positive Subaru experiences like this one, instead of complaining about the negative.

OK. I'll try to be more positive next time the dealership damages my car but ducks any responsibility, Subaru of America stands by the dealer and refuses to help me, and now I just found out that my Subaru "Added Security Contract" probably won't cover the dealer's negligence.

Nice. I love this company and the shtty cars they make.

OK. I'll try to be more positive next time the dealership damages my car but ducks any responsibility, Subaru of America stands by the dealer and refuses to help me, and now I just found out that my Subaru "Added Security Contract" probably won't cover the dealer's negligence.

Can you elaborate? That way we can decipher if you are guilty of negligent posting or true to your word.

I don't mean to get into a rant here, but I can't stand this post.

First and foremost, lemme say that I'm sorry you have a disability, whatever it may be, and I am in no way taking a shot at a disabled person in this rant.

But why do ppl, companies, organizations, etc. bend over backwards for anyone who claims to be in a minority, be it disabled, different race, different sex, whatever.

I'm an upper middle class white male. You know who's gonna help me? Nobody. I have to work 2 jobs to live my life the way I want to. I understand thats the choice I made but I blame no one but myself for that. I like expensive things, it's a vice.

My Mom has worked in a grocery store for 15 years and sees ppl buying steaks and lobsters with food stamps and WIC credit. Ridiculous. My sister didn't work much last year, and got $4,000 back from the IRS come tax time because of the earned income credit. You know how much I got back $30. And I worked over 3000 hours!

The point I'm trying to make is that I've had to work and work hard for everything I've wanted in this life and everyday I see ppl taking advantage of the system, that I help pay for, and it pisses me off. Disabled folks are a different story because they can't help what's hindering them. Again, this rant is not aimed at the disabled population, it just spurred a thought that I had to write about.

My car just came out of warranty coverage about a week ago. If I were to go in there now and say "My drivers side window won't come down. Some shit came up last week and I couldn't bring it in, are we still cool?" I'd get laughed at.

As for SOA telling you your coilovers are OK, I'd get that in a signed, notorized letter before I trusted that. My dealer wouldn't work with me on my transmission (long story) because I had a CAI in my car.

I'm sorry if I offended you. My rant was never aimed at you or the disabled community as a whole.

Taking advantage of something is human nature. I have first hand experience of this when trying to get paid for services rendered.

Our system penalizes (taxes) work. I'd better stop, starting to sound like a Libertarian.

It's the dealerships liability if they damaged your car...SOA has nothing to do with it. And anybody that can read an S.A.S. warranty would understand it doesn't cover damage caused by negligence.

Why don't you do us a favor and CarMax your car...

Guest heightsgtltd
This is a nice story, but if the warranty expired, why were you worried about the coilovers being covered? :confused:

My sister didn't work much last year, and got $4,000 back from the IRS come tax time because of the earned income credit. You know how much I got back $30. And I worked over 3000 hours!

Your tax return is not a bonus for hard work. If anything, you're better off with a $300 return as that means you didn't loan Uncle Same $4000 interest free for a year like your sister did.

This is a nice story, but if the warranty expired, why were you worried about the coilovers being covered? :confused:

Well, after speaking with Subaru about my problem not only did they extend the warrantee. When I asked how adding Megan racing outback Coilovers to my car to raise it up 2" so I could carry my Segway, which is an alternative to a mobility chair for me, would affect my warrantee. They told me that because the mod was used to assist me with my disabilaty, it wouldn't affect my warrantee at all.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

It's the dealerships liability if they damaged your car...SOA has nothing to do with it. And anybody that can read an S.A.S. warranty would understand it doesn't cover damage caused by negligence.

Why don't you do us a favor and CarMax your car...

Why should I take a financial hit for another person's mistake? I would absolutely love to get out of this car (and get away from this brand), but my expense should be compensated.

Subaru of America obviously has something to do with it. They called me 3 times today and I spent nearly an hour on the phone with them. Apparently, they are "siding with the dealer" because the General Manager is offering a refund. They claim that my "Added Security Contract" coverage is not void due to negligence because it wasn't my mistake, but they won't provide any documentation saying that.

Sleazy bastards.

The bumper to bumper has expired but I still have 28,000 miles to go on the power train. And though the coilovers themselves won't be covered, my driveline will still be, untill I hit 60,000 miles on my car.

I don't mean to get into a rant here, but I can't stand this post.

First and foremost, lemme say that I'm sorry you have a disability, whatever it may be, and I am in no way taking a shot at a disabled person in this rant.

But why do ppl, companies, organizations, etc. bend over backwards for anyone who claims to be in a minority, be it disabled, different race, different sex, whatever.

I'm an upper middle class white male. You know who's gonna help me? Nobody. I have to work 2 jobs to live my life the way I want to. I understand thats the choice I made but I blame no one but myself for that. I like expensive things, it's a vice.

My Mom has worked in a grocery store for 15 years and sees ppl buying steaks and lobsters with food stamps and WIC credit. Ridiculous. My sister didn't work much last year, and got $4,000 back from the IRS come tax time because of the earned income credit. You know how much I got back $30. And I worked over 3000 hours!

The point I'm trying to make is that I've had to work and work hard for everything I've wanted in this life and everyday I see ppl taking advantage of the system, that I help pay for, and it pisses me off. Disabled folks are a different story because they can't help what's hindering them. Again, this rant is not aimed at the disabled population, it just spurred a thought that I had to write about.

My car just came out of warranty coverage about a week ago. If I were to go in there now and say "My drivers side window won't come down. Some shit came up last week and I couldn't bring it in, are we still cool?" I'd get laughed at.

As for SOA telling you your coilovers are OK, I'd get that in a signed, notorized letter before I trusted that. My dealer wouldn't work with me on my transmission (long story) because I had a CAI in my car.

I'm sorry if I offended you. My rant was never aimed at you or the disabled community as a whole.

Ok, first off, I'm not offended maybe a bit confused but not offended.

I'm 44years old, and the last job I worked which was 3 years ago which is when I became disabled. I managed 2 businesses and worked 80+ hrs a week. I'm a Navy veteran, and worked in the aircraft industry for almost 14 years. I currently own my own business building computers, nothing big, but it supplements my retirement nicely. I'm not wealthy but I'm also not poor, My wife is an Air force recruiter and her income helps out nicely. Unfortunately she's in the military and is TDY a lot and so I'm often alone.

More often than not lately I can't drive, sometimes unable to leave the home. I'm lucky enough that everything I need is available here on base and there is a base shuttle to get me from my home to the grocery store. and that's all well and good, but that gives me know way to get my car to the dealer, unless my wife is home.

The window stopped working the last time I was able to drive my car which was the last time I was able to drive.

I've always serviced my car at the dealer, and all service on time, so that's probably why they chose to fix my car's window under warrantee. And I need a mobility device to get around when I can drive, and it has to mount on the back of the car so my car needs to be lifted, just a little to allow clearance. So they chose allow the lift system at my local dealer.

I don't get social security, I don't get disability as a Disabled Vet even though I can, I'm not on food stamps or WIC. All I get is a handicaped placard on my car, and a segway as a mobility aid (because I refused to be put in a chair, I had to pay for it myself)

Stedler:cool:

Just too bad being disabled, but I can understand you. Being bound to a wheelchair isn't necessarily the best option for everyone. I have a friend that suffers from MS, so I know that the options offered may not always be what's suitable for a person.

By using just enough support you will also get some necessary exercise, even if that exercise may seem small for a normal person it may make a great difference for a disabled person.

And as for problems with the car itself I have understood from various reports over here in Sweden that Subaru is among the better brands you can have. They and Toyota are having the lowest number of faults and have the most satisfied customers. However all cars here are assembled in Japan, so there may be a difference depending on where they are assembled.

453747.png

Just too bad being disabled, but I can understand you. Being bound to a wheelchair isn't necessarily the best option for everyone. I have a friend that suffers from MS, so I know that the options offered may not always be what's suitable for a person.

By using just enough support you will also get some necessary exercise, even if that exercise may seem small for a normal person it may make a great difference for a disabled person.

And as for problems with the car itself I have understood from various reports over here in Sweden that Subaru is among the better brands you can have. They and Toyota are having the lowest number of faults and have the most satisfied customers. However all cars here are assembled in Japan, so there may be a difference depending on where they are assembled.

I do exercise, and try to keep up my flexibility. I do recommend the segway for any disabled person who needs a mobility aide but can handle standing up. It allows you the ability to do more for yourself and people don't look at you like they do in a wheel chair.

Yeah, Subaru is one of the better brands on the market, I love mine. I've had very few problems with the car at all, except a bent rim and torn CV joint boot on the car when I bought it. I chose Subaru because of their dependability and safety. As for assembly, my car, the Legacy 2.5i, is built in Indiana, USA.

My next car, will probably be a Subaru Tribeca, or Outback Wagon. I'm really hoping they bring a diesel or hybrid to the US Market.

Stedler:cool:

Archived