LegacyGT.com

Car repaired by Subaru, out of Warrantee, for free

Hi,

My 05' Legacy's bumper to bumper warrantee was over 12/27/07. Unfortunately, the window controls on the drivers side started sticking and the power outlets for cell Phones or anything else, one broke, actualy pulled it out of it's mount unplugging a GPS. And the other lost power. All this happened 6-8months ago.

I only have 31k miles on the car so I thought the warrentee was still in affect, at least to our purchase date this year which is in may. So the dealer informed me that it would cost to have anthing other than the drive train repaired.

Subaru sucks because they won't honor an outdated warranty ( <- "correct" spelling)??? Am I missing something? :iam:

Yeah I'm a little lost here. can negative nancy explain how the OP's car being out of warranty relates to the Subaru sucks comment

Hi,

My 05' Legacy's bumper to bumper warrantee was over 12/27/07. Unfortunately, the window controls on the drivers side started sticking and the power outlets for cell Phones or anything else, one broke, actualy pulled it out of it's mount unplugging a GPS. And the other lost power. All this happened 6-8months ago.

I only have 31k miles on the car so I thought the warrentee was still in affect, at least to our purchase date this year which is in may. So the dealer informed me that it would cost to have anthing other than the drive train repaired.

Wait. Doesn't the warranty take effect starting purchase date? That's always how my warranty work has been handled. My paperwork says "In-service date", which is what they take to be the first day of the valid warranty.

Yeah I'm a little lost here. can negative nancy explain how the OP's car being out of warranty relates to the Subaru sucks comment

See here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86174

And it turns out that my "Added Security Contract" doesn't cover damage due to negligence. Does that include negligence from the dealership? Who knows.

So if I bought my 2005 LGT in January 2006 then

My warranty is good until December 2008

Did you buy it new or used? If it's used, I doubt your warranty will last till '08 since it's likely your car was 1st purchased in 2004.

Best way to find out, call the dealership you bought it from and they'll know for sure.

Did you buy it new or used? If it's used, I doubt your warranty will last till '08 since it's likely your car was 1st purchased in 2004.

Best way to find out, call the dealership you bought it from and they'll know for sure.

Bought new. It had like 1000 miles, never titled, they considered it a dealer demo.

So if I bought my 2005 LGT in January 2006 then

My warranty is good until December 2008

Actually, it should go to the date of your purchase 3 years later, maybe midnight of that day. I'm sure theirs some lawyer speak (that KRB or his wife could translate for us) in the book somewhere that explains all of it.

Even if he was in warranty Subaru might cover it, or offer to cover half of it, as a "one-time gesture of goodwill". Having owned cars by several manufacturers, Subaru seems absolutely terrible in honoring warranty claims..

I have an off-topic question. I bought my 2005 in 2006. Does the bumper-bumper warranty start when I took over ownership of the car?

And starting at the mileage you purchased it at.

For example my 2005 Legacy Gt wagon came to be with 270 miles delivered. So technically the mileage is 36,270 or 60,270 miles for warranty.

Archived