LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on Gillman North

goboom

My aunt is in the market for a new car and I am trying to turn her from Honda to Subaru. I did a search through the forums and the responses were a little out of date. Can anyone give me feedback on Gillman North? McRee and Gillman Southwest are just too far to travel from The Woodlands. Thanks for the feedback.

That is very generous of you, Wally. I will let her know, and since we have it now in writing... :) Anyway, her situation is she lives in New Caney and works in The Woodlands. SW would not be convenient for service. She is one of those who likes to have the dealer perform routine maintenance, so the dealership does more than sell a car. Her Honda dealer know her by first name and always ask how things are going. The service department truely remembers her. I used to get that kind of service out of Huffines Subaru up here in Lewisville, but since Betty moved to SoP I don't go there unless I have to.

Anyway, while I am thinking about it, all of you Houston folks can chime in on this and help me figure this out. Why does almost every car on the lot have pinstripping from Cochran Pinstriping? We visited around 9 dealerships and almost every vehicle on the lot had it. What gives?

The thing with Subaru , no matter where you buy it you can service the car anywhere you want . this is not Ford or Chevy . plus in the first 2 years of her owning this car she will have free maintenance . like i said i will help you guys in anyway i can . And as far as the Paint strips Its a way for US dealers to make extra cash not much but anything can help , you really dont have to pay for it because you did not ask for it . so if the dealrship makes a big deal about it don't buy the car . Simple . Cochman Pinstriping are really good copany and they do great job , you should see how they do it

=WallyGillmanSW;1608940]The thing with Subaru , no matter where you buy it you can service the car anywhere you want . this is not Ford or Chevy . plus in the first 2 years of her owning this car she will have free maintenance . like i said i will help you guys in anyway i can .

I like being able to service the vehicle at the dealer of my choice. I drive 31 miles instead of 9. Are you saying that the first 2 years of oil changes are covered?

I like being able to service the vehicle at the dealer of my choice. I drive 31 miles instead of 9. Are you saying that the first 2 years of oil changes are covered?

That's if you buy it at Gillman:) It's not a SoA thing.

I bought my 07 legacy at Gillman Subaru North and had a great experience. I would ask for Patrick or Pat, he was great and a no BS kinda guy. I have had mixed results from the service dept. They do fine work, but once when I was in there for the AC blowing cold then hot then cold, they told me just drive it with recirculate on (you could tell they didnt want to look at it). This solution DOES work but seems kinda half ass. They are also not great at calling you back.

Archived