LegacyGT.com

Another Fall Denver LGT gathering/BBQ/show-me-your-car kind of thing...

ChasWG

So it was suggested that we start a new thread for another Fall LGT gathering here in the Denver area because several folks that wanted to go to the last one either totally blew it or were otherwise busy. Also, there are several folks in this area that just don't visit these area forums and don't know anything about these events. I know they'd love to come and meet new people and have a great time as well.

The last one was held out in a South location, so maybe we can look into another areas of town. I live out in South-East Aurora and I will look into seeing what parks are available with parking lots, grills and coverings.

If you are interested, let's talk about it.

Right out of the gate, I know of a great park that has lots of close by parking, covered areas with grills close by. I'll look into that one.

As for a date, I'd say sooner than later. This is a great time of the year weather wise, so lets not waste it!

I'd be happy to do up some of my favorite ribs for this event.

Any suggestions?

Not too picky about the location but I like the bbq/rib theme. I say we do a pot luck style bbq w/ no burger/hot dogs allowed. Lets have some members show off their bbq cooking skills and those that dont bring bbq we can chip in and or bring the sides. Other Ideas?

it sounds like a deal to me. i had a blast at the one last weekend. i leave town oct. 15th so it would have to be before then for me. i also wanted to bring up if anyone is interested that i have a buddy that is a GM at a water way car wash in DTC. i talked to him and he said if we wanted to do a group buy on some memberships he will take off 100$ on every pass sold and if we get a good amount that he might be able to do more $$ off. i will be bringing a lot of free car wash coupons to the next meet so everyone can get a good and free car wash to try it out before we do the buy.

I'm also down for sooner than later, leaving the following weekends:

Oct 1-2

Oct 8-9

Oct 15-16

Oct 22-23

Without first checking with my wife, I kind of dig on Oct 8-9. Gives us some time to plan and gather others. I'm likely available the other weekends so let's hear what you have to say. :)

sunday the 9th is the first day I have free, we just have to make sure we have it cleared with the parks cause it was really nice having a bunch of room last time with no issues. I already have an idea of what to make for this next bbq.....

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Excellent! I love the idea of everyone bringing some BBQ! That way we all get to mix and match and try other people's stuff. I use a dry rub that I've been working on for the past 6 or 7 years. I did a cooking TV show with Steven Raichlen a fews back called "BBQ Bootcamp," and had a blast getting paid to learn his secrets on BBQ.

But we will need some side dishes as well.

It sounds like Oct. 9th is a good day for folks. Just checking though, are the Broncos playing in town or away that day? I ask because I sometimes do work for NFL Network and they tend to call last minute for that week's game if they want to cover it, but that's only if they are in town and the Broncos start winning games. HA! So I'm basically free! ;)

If there's football on and a bunch of people want to watch it, we can always have the meet at a sports pub/bar/grill/whatever... I don't have any issues with that. However, if we do it this way, we need to call the pub ahead of time for parking and seating accommodations. It's easy though.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I changed the name on the other thread to reflect the new date and time. Not sure why it has not taken yet. I will contact the mods if it doesn't change, goahead and lock it for now if possible but please don't delete yet for reference.

Dave

Edit: mods please update the other thread to the title I changed it to and lock this, I cannot change the title.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived