LegacyGT.com

NYC area Tuners

Tehnation

I want something closer. EFI is an hour+ away. I'm in F'n New York, how can there not be a tuner here?!?!?!?! If I lived in bumblefuck USA, I would go, but I find it hard to believe there isnt a tuner in Long Island, New York City, Westchester County , Rockland County.

I'm assuming you are looking for someone to do an actual tune. If that is the case, then yes EFI is the best in the area. You can go to other places but the results will not be as good.

If you are looking for a shop to do work, we are 20 min from the Holland Tunnel, 30 min from the GWB, located in NNJ.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

How far from Tapan Zee AZP? How much to put in a new engine in my lgt, planning for when I break this one! I'm in Westchester County.

This sucks the only places I can go to are in CT and LI, god I hate life sometimes. I just HATE LI and CT, I hate being there, driving there, its almost as bad as Jersey. The only places I seem to ever get tickets. How can you NOT speed on the LIE, 287, or the Merrit and 95. Looks like Infamous it is!:lol:

The further the tune is from my house, the more likely I will speed to shrink time. Plus I will have a faster car to play with... I just dont see anything good coming from it. :eek:

Oh you're in Westchester. What about AMR in Mamaroneck?

My opinion is they make quality parts. They are certainly more popular with STIs than the Legacy. Their customer service is not going to come close to that of EFI. AMR's reputation for tuning is spotty from what I understand.

How far from Tapan Zee AZP? How much to put in a new engine in my lgt, planning for when I break this one! I'm in Westchester County.

This sucks the only places I can go to are in CT and LI, god I hate life sometimes. I just HATE LI and CT, I hate being there, driving there, its almost as bad as Jersey. The only places I seem to ever get tickets. How can you NOT speed on the LIE, 287, or the Merrit and 95. Looks like Infamous it is!:lol:

The further the tune is from my house, the more likely I will speed to shrink time. Plus I will have a faster car to play with... I just dont see anything good coming from it. :eek:

I would say we are about 1hr from the Tappanzee if you are moving :)

We aren't tuners but we are a great place to get installed and really get consulted on parts subies in general. Our guys are all subie owners and love the brand and the cars and work on your car as if it's their own. That is our strong suit!

When you are ready just shoot us an e-mail and we'll take good care of you.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

My opinion is they make quality parts. They are certainly more popular with STIs than the Legacy. Their customer service is not going to come close to that of EFI. AMR's reputation for tuning is spotty from what I understand.

I would implore you NOT to go to AMR. I have had personal experience with them and I would not wish them on anyone. I live in the city and make the trip out to EFI. I would never go anywhere else. No matter how far they were. Do yourself a favor and just make the trip. It will be well worth it!!!

You dont want LI, CT, or NJ. Why not just say youre looking for a tuner across the street from your house? Sheesh.

I WANT NY!!!!!! LI is just...... **** that place. Guess if I need anything AZP is where its at. They seem reputable and on point. Plus you can contact them through instant messenger, bonus points!

Technically, LI is in NY. I live in NY and I'm going to CT to get tuned @ EFI. My last ride was tuned @ The Shop by Junior and was a beast. I go where all the positive feedback is coming from. If I have to drive 2 hours, so be it.

I'm gonna go with the etune from infamous, and azp for basic stuff. I would prefer to know and be experienced with logging and what not myself, rather than driving 2 hours to pay someone, especially for computer work, I am a computer engineering student after-all. I live for numbers and code.

ahhhh it is part of NY, but its more like the asshole of NY. The only good thing that came out of LI is Natalie Portman!

• 3 weeks later...

im 20 mins Mamaroneck...wheres AMR and what do they do exactly?

Mspt is now known as Performance Auto Solutions. I had my motor replaced along with a complete upgrade. Cams, pistons, rods, crank, etc, etc. That being said, I would never go back there. They're a bunch of crooks. Theyre slow as shit. Quote u one price for work to be done. Don't complete the job. Charge for additional parts and labor which supposedly had to be done, but they had no way of knowing prior. Give u ,a half ass tune. Locked some of my older mps from other tuners. Just left a real bad taste in my mouth, and this was the second time I had been there. I went there because it was closer than EFI Logics. I just made an appointment with EFI for September. Gotta finally go someplace where they know how to tune a car and know how to treat a customer. As for Shamar, good luck. I emailed him, but he's too busy for,his,own good. Doesn't know how to answer someone's questions and/or concerns about getting etuned. Also not trying to wait two weeks for a revision. Ehh. To each his own I guess.
____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

AMR is at 420 Center Ave in Mamaroneck.

http://automasteramr.com/

They do essentially everything. Tuning, built motors, etc.

Personally I would go to EFI Logics in CT. Chris tuned my STI and their custmer service is second to none.

Thanks. I guess if im in a pinch, theyre the next best thing. Ive heard alot of good things about EFI

Archived