LegacyGT.com

side trim

I want to add some side trim to my legacy, like iv seen on some gt's. but my question is, how much does it cover? the reason i ask is the underside of my car is pretty beat up. im hoping this side trim would wrap around underneath enough to make the underside look good.

this is what im talking about

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/PD05/31398790001_large.jpg

eh, it doesn't wrap around too much I don't think. It's too dark out for me to check, but maybe around an inch under? Don't quote me on that, I'll check tomorrow or something, or someone else will jump in. but the side trim helps with looks definitely!

Thanks. If you could get a picture when you check that would be awesome. When I get a chance ill get some of my car so everyone can see how bad the underside is, and why I want these. If they dont wrap around enough, I still want to find some solution to this, because it looks terrible

Also do you know where I might be able to find some of these? Iv been looking online but havent come across anything yet

Your best bet for finding them is to check u-pull-it yards. I don't know where in Oregon you are but there is a u-pull-it yard in Sherwood of HWY 99W and another on 82nd in the sandy area I believe.

Also watch craigslist there is a lot of subi parts posted on there.

If the rain stops I will so out and take a few pictures of my side skirts. But like kaz said they don't cover too much.

So i found these for $40 each, Ill probably make a trip to go check them out in the next week or so, only problem is they are listed as being gray. Could I paint these black, or would it not look good or peel, or any problems like that?

I wasnt going to try and match the body color. I was going to go for black, but it all depends on how dark of grey it is. The first thing that came to my mind was a very light grey color, but they could be darker

Archived