LegacyGT.com

Funny Beep....cause?

Okay today while driving kiddo #1 to school....I heard a beep...a little lighter beep than the beep when you move from S to S# or I on the SI drive knob....couldn't locate it and it didn't do it again...

Tonight while driving kiddo #2 to volleyball it did it again, only this time I gazed in the right direction at the right time...

My odo readout had changed to Outside temperature only...never even seen that display...I have a temp display but it has ET underneath it..this time the outside temp display was larger...

And it magically switched itself back within seconds to my TripB fuel mileage and current fuel mileage display which I generally keep it on.

HTF did that happen?

Forgive me for not walking out into the 20 degree weather and 3 inches of snow to retrieve the owner's manual....I'd rather see if anyone else experienced that.

I have had the car almost 2 weeks and it has only done that today...

Anyone?

My guess is that the temp outside had just dropped or is hovering around freezing point. Once the temp hit freezing it beeps to warn you the roads may be icy. It does it to me everyday that its below 3deg celsius when I leave my garage.

:D

Aha! That is probably it....didn't realize this car did that...the wifes Yukon does it too...

The reason I haven't noticed it before is because it was always below 20 the last week or so and never got above 20....

Hmm...I need to download my memory and figure out if that is it..

However...it was 37 degrees when it did it :(

There are two dfferent spontaneous warnings from the odo readout......one when the cars thermometer reaches 37 degrees....and the other when the car has been running for 2 hours.(To remind us to take a rest !).
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

There are two dfferent spontaneous warnings from the odo readout......one when the cars thermometer reaches 37 degrees....and the other when the car has been running for 2 hours.(To remind us to take a rest !).

I guess I should have braved the snow to look at my manual...because now I remember that...thank you!

Today must have been the first time I was driving in 37 degree weather in the last 2 weeks...and I did it twice!

I get the temp one every once in a while when the temp goes down from say 40 to 37 it beeps. Now I've driven my car for two hours before and never had a beep saying to take a rest at the two hour mark. Friday I'll be driving up to the mountains which is about 2 hours away and I'll have to see if it beeps then, maybe with a constant 2 hour drive it will beep.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Yeah, I have never heard the 2 hr beep either. Only driven it once for that long...maybe I missed it

You probably missed it.....after the beep,the screen changes to say something like :....E/T 2:00....and it's just a reminder for people to be aware that two hours have alteady passed----not a mechanical requirement to stop. If you pull over to get gas and shut off the car ; the timer resets. I think its a nice feature for older drivers !

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived