LegacyGT.com

07 WRX wheels w/ Bridgestone G019

mikesae

Yup. There's next to no info about them. Apparently they're supposed to take the strengths of the G009 and improve the wet & snow traction.

So far I'm pleased with them. They don't flop around like the RE92s.

Have these on my OBS - like them alot for what they're designed to do. Had the G009s on my Forester - good tire, long wear and got around in the snow really well.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I was trying to decide between the G019 and the Michelin Exalto A/S. Went with the G019 cause, well, they were cheaper :redface:

Good tires, but I've noticed they're quite noisy when the steering wheel is at full lock, say when you're going around a cul de sac. I suppose it's the outer tread blocks digging in?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know what kind of psi I should be running?

On my OBS I run +2 PSI front/rear (32/30 versus 30/28 stock), Forester I ran 35/34 versus 29/28 stock) unless I'm loaded down in the back (or towing), then I increase the rears to 38 and keep the fronts at the previous settings.

Thanks,

I'm running 33 all around, but they still "look" underinflated. I guess I should just leave well enough alone.

Underinflated is a visual cue, but if the tire is wearing properly and handling correctly, the pressure may be fine, with one important note: Set your tire pressures to stock F/R PSI bias settings and keep your AWD happy. Subaru AWDs are all meant to run with a F/R bias, usually 2 psi difference so when you increase pressures, just go up by the same amount F&R. Legacy 2.5i stock pressures: 32F/30R; +2psi: 34F/32R, +3psi: 35R/33R; and so on until you reach the manufacturer's maximum pressures for that tire size and load range.

But, seriously, run the proper bias so you're not inordinately binding the AWD.

Archived