LegacyGT.com

All this bumper talk lately got me all fired up!

Picked up an OB front bumper assembly, complete with working fogs for the '97 Brighton. Gonna try and throw that on this weekend. I figure I'll plastidip it black for now, then maybe color match it to the car later if the black doesn't grow on me.

I'll just have to put some time into wiring the factory switch up.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj605/Idahorec/Odds%20and%20ends/BD23AB22-8E62-4BF5-BA75-0A6F644F68FF_zpsewqwiyk2.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj605/Idahorec/Odds%20and%20ends/6E011950-A494-4C8C-8066-54E8645CB9E6_zpst541puyu.jpg

Did you get the styrofoam and about 148,000 new plastic clips? I put the ob front bumper on my 97 gt. It already had gt fogs so i just spliced the new connectors on the existing harness.

The 95 ls i had didn't originally have fogs, so i wired them up like aftermarkets, but using an oem fog switch. I ran the wires through the grommet at the feet through the firewall, behind the washer reservoir and main fuse box, through the fender with the front harness, out the bottom to the fogs.

Good luck and have fun.

Yeah, those darn clips! I ended up breaking them all to get the cover off as most do. I should have searched more before I got it, from what I can tell, I needed the whole bumper anyway. So I first got the cover and foam piece, then went back and got the reinforcement piece. Also stopped at napa and got some new clips.

Yeah i didn't know about the bumper beam. Mine is a gt, i didn't know there was a difference. I'll tell you what though, i need to restore my headlights. My ob fogs are clear and they are 10x brighter than my headlights. Maybe they are just like that anyway.

Edit: you will notice that your fender liners won't reach the bottom of the bumper. I needed one on my driver side and a brighton was the only car that had a good one at the time. I just bent it down slightly on the front to clear the fog light.

I am about to put an Outback bumper on the front of my BK as well,it's a complete piece so i dont have to worry about the clips and the wires for the fogs are snipped at about a foot long so no worries hooking up to my existing fogs. The one thing that im not sure about is the grille fitting,i also have a Outback grille with the bumper but would prefer to use my plasti-dipped 1995 grille but im not sure if it is going to work meaning leaving a loose fit or an ugly gap.

I am about to put an Outback bumper on the front of my BK as well,it's a complete piece so i dont have to worry about the clips and the wires for the fogs are snipped at about a foot long so no worries hooking up to my existing fogs. The one thing that im not sure about is the grille fitting,i also have a Outback grille with the bumper but would prefer to use my plasti-dipped 1995 grille but im not sure if it is going to work meaning leaving a loose fit or an ugly gap.

Oh yeah, I got the OB grille to go with that setup also, almost forgot about that! From what I hear, you need the grille because the OB bumper has that little dip in the center so our original grille will leave about an inch gap.

I believe the 95-96 used a sllimmer grille. 97-99 has a deeper recessed area on top, requiring a taller grille. Yes, you will have an ugly gap if you do not use a 97-99 grille. I have a 99 anniversary edition grille, not sure if it is any different from other trims. My chrome has gotta go though...

If you want to wire the fogs into an oem switch, this is by far the best diy I have found on how to do it;

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t171650-diy-wiring-oem-foglamp-switch-w-aftermarket-lights.html

If you decide to paint the cover to match the rest of your wagon, this is what I used;

http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/klean-strip-paint-remover-plastic-eup367-p-12820.aspx?gclid=CICSnNLXtb4CFcpQ7AodCD4A_A

That took the paint off effortlessly.

Archived