LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread

snow05gtRI

So let me get this straight. The "Hogzaust" exhaust is just washer/s placed on the bolt/s to give exhaust a little opening to let the exhaust leak out?
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Ha I did it last night... a whole 15 mins and four washers (that I already had) and now it sounds like an "old school" Subaru from the 1980s... not bad, not bad at all.
**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 2 weeks later...

Video of my sleeper stage 2+ set up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnStrFn5Ghg]YouTube - 05 Legacy GT stage 2 sound clip[/ame]

Setup:

Grimmspeed crossover pipe

GS Ported and polished exhaust manifold

GS UP

COBB catted DP

AVO TMIC

AVO panel filter (intake silencer removed)

Stock CBE

more to come..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest adam07specB

These Videos are still being processed but this is the Perrin Turbo-Back Setup with 2 high-flow Perrin Cats

Pulling out of the driveway

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKbxXbGfXac]YouTube - Perrin Exhaust Turbo Back Catted 07 Spec B[/ame]

Passing the house

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZvv4nYOmw]YouTube - 2007 Legacy spec.B - Perrin Exhaust full TBE with 2 high flow cats[/ame]

On the dyno

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Qg5E2uh-I]YouTube - 2007 Spec.B Dyno Run Full Perrin TBE 2 High Flow Cats[/ame]

Enjoy

This is a long video, but from 6:28 on you can hear my XO2 catback underway.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ELmJLL7nIc]YouTube - GoPro Camera Locations on Legacy GT[/ame]

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Guest PeteAWD
I heard a lot of the clips. I still want to be sure. I'm 37, I'm looking for a mature tone. I dont like that pop crackle stuff. I just want to do cat back, I don't want any issues with the CEL as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction as choices? Thanks

If you want a mature tone, IMO skip the catback and go stage 2. Much better bang for buck with little added noise. (See my vid a few posts up).

If you do wanna do a catback only for a bit of rumble, no need to worry about a CEL as there are no 02 sensors in the catback. Borla is supposedly one of the quieter systems out there. My buddy has a SPT CBE on his 08' and it sounds awesome IMO.

Pete, from what I've seen/heard in person, Prodrive cans on OEM mid/y yield a nice rumble, but it's not a full CBE, and they're hard to find. The Greddy SP2 is also a nice understated sound (contrast to the crazy loud Greddy EVO 2) and it's catback, but like the Prodrive it's no longer in production and can be tough to find.
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Guest PeteAWD

Any horsepower increase? I know the SPT exhaust and intake yields about 18. I had the SPT intake, I took it off, too noisy.

If you want a mature tone, IMO skip the catback and go stage 2. Much better bang for buck with little added noise. (See my vid a few posts up).

If you do wanna do a catback only for a bit of rumble, no need to worry about a CEL as there are no 02 sensors in the catback. Borla is supposedly one of the quieter systems out there. My buddy has a SPT CBE on his 08' and it sounds awesome IMO.

Guest PeteAWD

Yes Rich, I just dont want that popping sound, I hate it. I like the sound of an Infinity, if you know what I'm talking about. Maybe a hair more.

Pete, from what I've seen/heard in person, Prodrive cans on OEM mid/y yield a nice rumble, but it's not a full CBE, and they're hard to find. The Greddy SP2 is also a nice understated sound (contrast to the crazy loud Greddy EVO 2) and it's catback, but like the Prodrive it's no longer in production and can be tough to find.

I heard a lot of the clips. I still want to be sure. I'm 37, I'm looking for a mature tone. I dont like that pop crackle stuff. I just want to do cat back, I don't want any issues with the CEL as well. Can anyone point me in the right direction as choices? Thanks

I wanted the same. I have AVO cans with Perrin mid/Y (with resonator). It is a deep rumble... Deep throaty when you get on it...some guys at the track said "that's a 4 cylinder???". It's a little loud (though nice and deep) if you start up the car at 5 am, but I wanted it a bit louder than stock (it was hard to even tell if the engine was on).

Ha I did it last night... a whole 15 mins and four washers (that I already had) and now it sounds like an "old school" Subaru from the 1980s... not bad, not bad at all.

I passed a old Subbie GL on the road the other day man that things sounded mean and vicious but looked like SH!T :lol: sounded better than my 2008 :redface:

Guest PeteAWD

Thanks for the advice, Im a little confused on the last sentence. "It's a little loud (though nice and deep) if you start up the car at 5 am, but I wanted it a bit louder than stock (it was hard to even tell if the engine was on)."

I wanted the same. I have AVO cans with Perrin mid/Y (with resonator). It is a deep rumble... Deep throaty when you get on it...some guys at the track said "that's a 4 cylinder???". quote]

I think he's saying at 5:00AM when all else is quiet,then you notice the exhaust a bit more than normal.

I can understand this myself, getting up at 4:30AM. Things's are a lot louder when everything else is quiet. Hope my neighbors don't mind my Perrin exhaust and catless DP going on tomorrow! ;)

And yes, I'll obviously post on here when it's done. :D

Okay, I'll post this only because I said I would... but I want to get a better video (ie: not using my crap cell phone).

In actuality, the note is much much less raspy when you get on it... my cell camera really mucked up the parts where I'm hitting the gas. The tone probably sounds the closest to reality when the car idles in that video, that tone is what's in place of the raspy noise from my crappy cell phone if that helps... anyways here goes:

Gutted OEM DP, Perrin 3" Exhaust, Perrin Panel Filter, TA 93 Octane Tune

Okay... NVM, I guess my videos aren't working right now... :-/ Lemme try again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzVdJCnN9U8]YouTube - Stage 2 Bitches!![/ame]

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/chrisgemail/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=VE_1015091546.flv

Edited by BigInALegacy