LegacyGT.com

Fuel cut? N/A Frankenmotor

So the past week or so it feels as if I am hitting fuel cut around 5k RPM's. Regardless of what gear I am in. Replaced the air filter. Coil pack is new, NGK wires, new plugs, fuel filter replaced within the past 10k miles. Cleaned the MAF.

I cannot seem to find out what would cause this. Thought maybe it was bad gas so I switch fuel stations and filled it. Not any better.

Hmmm temporarily run a constant electrical feed power line to the fuel pump, bypassing the normal electrical controls. If you are able to drive without a problem you know that you are actually hitting a fuel cut. If not, you have an issue somewhere else. If that is that case, know what you've done, I do not really know where to start.

you could always check the fuel pressure with a gauge hooked up in line to see if there is a drop in pressure around 5k rpm, the pump should have a operating pressure range. For example a 98 ford Taurus has a pressure range of 45-35 lbs, I'm not sure what Subaru run for fuel pressure but it should be similar.

Archived