SPEC Flywheel for there Clutches, Email them to produce it

Magic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Yes... that is correct, Bri.

You can use a SPEC clutch/PP kit with the stock flywheel.. but they won't warranty it unless the flywheel is new or resurfaced... just FYI.

I have done several aftermarket clutches and I know to at least re surface the flywheel. I am sure some people dont but I do

• 7 months later...

Importimage, I just read your post, and having also just joined the forum I wanted to make sure that there was no confusion related to your post. We do not use any ACT components in our kit nor have we ever. We have no connection to them. I understand how sometimes assumptions or missunderstanding arise and I just wanted to make sure that you and other realized that we are not connected to ACT.

We manufacture our own clutch line and have been for nearly 8 years now. Though we have actually been in the clutch business for nearly 20 years (originally we built/rebuilt OE clutch assemblies). That being said, let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
How'd you wear out your Stage2+ so fast?

ha ha.. so i am replying to this like a year later. lol.. I use full boost a lot, drive hard a lot, launch a lot, and dragrace a lot. That should pretty much explain it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Figured I've give you a update on mine. It's been in there 65,000 miles. Spec LWFW and 2+ clutch.

I guess it's the pressure plate that howls sometimes in 1st gear when I let the clutch out. It does chatter a bit, every now and then, but I have found if a side step the pedal in neutral the chatter will stop.

Yesterday at a stop light, I didn't want the guy next to me to get ahead... can you see where this it going ?

No I didn't smoke the tires. I got the rev's right and the clutch just grabbed and it felt like I was launched from a catapult. No slippage anywhere.

I have learned the clutch likes to be hot. If I see the other traffic light turn yellow, I let my clutch out a bit until it's just about to grab, when my light turns green, give it a little more gas and let the clutch out. The car will launch, be ready for it. Tires may spin.

At first it seemed to grab at different spots sometimes. I found that if a ran the car through the gears shifting at close to redline the clutch would return to being the same for a while. It hasn't needed that in a very long time.

The LWFW takes a little getting use to. The car didn't like to drive in 5th gear at 40mph. Since I went to stage 2 the issue has gone away. Not that I do it that much any ways.

Over all I'm very happy to have a clutch that I know is going to be there when I want it the most. I will replace this with a like unit when the time comes.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The howl that you reference results from the interaction of the disc material scuffing the pressure-plate and flywheel surface during engagement. This is normal with higher friction coeffecient disc materials and does not evidence any issue. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

• 2 years later...

Next update.

I got around 85,000 miles on the Spec 2+. It was still going strong when I replaced it with a Spec 2 clutch because I put a new short block in the car. It didn't make sense to keep the old clutch in there.

The Spec 2 now has over 20,000 miles on it and it has been perfect. No chatter, no noise. Grabs great and has light pedal pressure.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• 1 year later...

Nice Max. Maybe you remember back in '09 when I put in my Competition Clutch and lwf, just replaced it this weekend with their 8 puck segmented ceramic. Also went ahead and did the TSK-3 per you recommendation.

5 years and 104,000 miles later, this is what I got. Not too bad in fact, the pressure plate still has the original machining grooves!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/myma5eqa.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/u3urydu7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/27/amejyva4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, be sure and update us on that. The old stuff looks pretty good. It's nice when thing just work...

Do you have much tranny noise with that FW ?

Only the inherent chatter with a 13 lb flywheel. Lol.

But otherwise, it is just a matter of getting used to the engagement. I have put about 800 city/hiway miles on it so far and I am getting better. I drove the old one so long and had a way if driving it, which now does not work with this new set up, so it is me having to adapt!

But it feels great, the TSK3 is good piece of mind too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Update.

MArch of this year 2015 I had a Spec 2+ clutch installed and a OEM SMFW. I have over 4000 miles on it. It has not chattered once, has a almost stock pedal feel, grabs great, has a little squeal every now and then when I let the clutch out in 1st great from a stop.

Launched the car the other day. I could see smoke coming off the front left tire as I was moving forward. The car felt great, second gear came nice and cleanly, thanks to the Moore Performance Blast Plates.

Had to go with a Spec 2+, at my power level, the Spec 2 lasted 50,000 miles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Its been about 8 month's now with the Spec 2+, about 13,000 miles. Still love the clutch, The other day after driving my Spec B with the stock clutch for a the past few day's, when I got into the wagon I nearly pushed the clutch pedal through the floor.

• 1 year later...

Next update on the Spec 2+, still like it, it's been in there about 2 years and 35,000 miles. The clutch is very predictable, it grabs in the same place every time and well chatter after a while if I baby it to much.

I find I don't see much difference between the two clutches in my cars anymore pedal pressure wise.

FWIW, I ordered a Southbend stage 1 for the Spec B, it got delivered yesterday. Will have it put in a couple weeks. EDIT, did not install the southbend, the wrong clutch was sent.

Edited by Max Capacity