LegacyGT.com

Front end clunk

Scotty

I did do a search, most of them are clunking noise when going over bumps. Mine makes a clunk, but never when going over bumps. Sometimes it makes a clunk, was on the left, now on the right, when I get on the brakes and then again when I get off the brakes. It only occurs at slower speeds right before you come to a stop, doesn't do it when slowing from higher speeds.

Could it be the sway bar bushings?

A subtle clunk that occurs at slower speeds would be front sway bar bushings assuming your suspension is stock. Same thing happened to me earlier on in the life of my car. Brought it to the dealer, they replaced the bushings, re-greased and the problem was solved.

Squirt more.

:lol::lol: You sound like on of my techs in my shop! Fill out an application please!:redface:

BACK ON TOPIC; Sway bar clunks are easily to diagnose. Go to a quiet area that has substancial bumps. Drive over a bump and just let ONE wheel hit. If your noise is worse when only one tire hits a bump it IS most likely the bar-to-body bushings.

I am very aggressive driving on and off ramps. My car eat's up the RF bushing every 15K or so.

Good luck.

Squirt more.

I did before seeing your post.

I do have 81K miles on this car and tend to be hard getting on the circular on ramps. So I suppose the bushings could be worn. It doesn't knock going over bumps. The only time it does it is after being in stop and go driving for a while, it'll have a faint knock when you first get on the brake and a louder one when you ease up on the brake right before you come to a complete stop. It is intermitten and I can't get it to do it every time.

Archived