LegacyGT.com

[HELP] Best Mechanic In The Worcester Area?

Rojo

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking this forum ever since I got my car 6 years ago but only to look on with jealously at the crazy mods that have been going into legacies. However, My Subie finally ran into an issue a few weeks back. The turbo blew, taking out the small block with it. I took it to the dealership and they put in a new engine and turbo. However, within a few days, I got another Check Engine Light (CEL), this time for O2 sensors. My turbo splooged all over the sensors when it blew. I took it back again, and the next day, I got another CEL. This time for Exhaust Temp. I picked it up again today but now I have another CEL. P0171. At this point, after pouring over $9,000 into repairs, I am sick of this dealership. It seems that they can't do anything right. So I came here in the hopes that you guys could tell me what mechanics you guys had good experiences with and which you haven't. PS. Autozone thinks I have a vacuum leak.

TLDR; (too long, didn't read)

Been to the stealership over 4 times in the past 3 weeks. Spent over $9,000 in repairs. Check Engine Light is still coming on. Where should I take my car to get fixed?

BTW. My car has less than 50k miles, Injectors once went bad around 20k so I got them replaced under warranty.

Thanks again.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, it's ridiculous that i've been to the dealership over 4 times. They're supposed to be the Subaru experts.

I am not even going to ask which dealer you went to. They are all the same - none of them is Subaru expert. When in comes to engine/tranny - seek independent shop...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Enhanced Street Performance in Sterling is also a good choice. It's a little bit of a drive up 190 for you, but it's a nice ride. ESP always did good work for me when I needed it.

Thanks man. I'll look them up as well.

I am not even going to ask which dealer you went to. They are all the same - none of them is Subaru expert. When in comes to engine/tranny - seek independent shop...

Yeah... You live and learn. Definitely not going to make the same mistake twice when it comes to engine work.

Thanks AJW. I just ended up taking it back to the dealership. I've called Subaru of America and if things don't work out, i'm gonna see what SOA can do for me. I feel i've already invested way too much money into the dealership so i'm going to try and get better bang for my buck. hopefully, SOA will be able to do something.

Archived