LegacyGT.com

No. It only annoys you when the tires are low or not near each other in a certain PSI range. GM it was within 10-12 psi of all 4 someone else has to chine in with the system or info for Subaru.

my only wish is that it would have a individual tire listing instead of a single display for all 4. your left to check all 4 when the light is on. that may be by design so that all tires get the attention but i mean is it that hard to display the information? the data is already being fed into the comp right lol.

Some people say it flashes when the tire is overinflated. I have not experienced it just quoting what some people have said

I stand corrected. Did some digging and found some sources that say Subaru TPMS activates at a low and a high. (26/50 but I also read it's programmable.). But still, you'd have to be at 50psi for it to come on. And thats HIGH!

Newer GM tell you what tire is in the info menu. Reason I hated this and washer fluid low light. 2015 it will be a CEL code I bet :)

Yes it's nice to tell u what tire is low and what are each tire psi. But if u or someone does a tire rotation then u need to reset tire positioning

I've also played around with one gm tpms. It's a pain to turn off the light. the only way to turn off the light is put it into tpms 'check' mode then quickly fill lr tire until the car horns beep to say it's up to pressure. then u work your way clockwise doing each tire. If you are too slow moving to the next tire you have to start over.

Our subies all u have to do is find the tire that's low on pressure and fill it up. The next trip u do the light will turn off. And every time my light has turned on more than 1 tire was low, usually the front 2 are the lowest but I normally fill up all 4

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Yes it's nice to tell u what tire is low and what are each tire psi. But if u or someone does a tire rotation then u need to reset tire positioning

I've also played around with one gm tpms. It's a pain to turn off the light. the only way to turn off the light is put it into tpms 'check' mode then quickly fill lr tire until the car horns beep to say it's up to pressure. then u work your way clockwise doing each tire. If you are too slow moving to the next tire you have to start over.

Our subies all u have to do is find the tire that's low on pressure and fill it up. The next trip u do the light will turn off. And every time my light has turned on more than 1 tire was low, usually the front 2 are the lowest but I normally fill up all 4

Most of the time the light doesn't come on. OnStar sends an email saying all 4 are extremely low. 35 is the psi needed, the vehicle says the tires are 33 psi, and email would say something bogus like 28psi. We had issues where it wouldn't even read the tires and had the sensors replaced. There was a relearn option but since the replacement that menu item "Vanished" :spin:

When I worked at a tire shop I nor anyone else there ever had a good experience with tpms sensors. I'm dreading the day when I have to buy a car with them. I'm probably going to remove them and tape over the light that will always be on.

Archived