LegacyGT.com

Rough Idle Skip

I have a 2005 Legacy GT with 90,000 miles. i am getting a P0304 skip in cylinder 4. The car runs fine when you get going on it, but it is a pretty rough idle. For the life of me i cant figure out what it is. i have NKG iridium plugs that have about 30,000 miles on them. I swapped the plug from cylinder 4 to 3, the injector from 4 to 1, and the ignition coil from 4 to 2, still getting the P304. I checked all of my hoses, MAF, and anything else i could think of but still no luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

My rough idle turned out to be bad comp in cyl 2 and 4. Before you buy any parts do a compression and leak down test to determine the condition of your motor.

Looking for 140psi, or even figures around all 4. Mine were 110 (1&3) and 80 (2 &4). Motor is toast.

Here's a short list of what you might need to do.

Have the heads rebuilt, replace any burnt valves, check the turbo for shaft play, remove both banjo filters, put a new clutch and SMFW & TSK3 kit in it, and you should be good to go.

If you need, You can get a new OEM shortblock for $1900.

Afterwards, get the car of the OEM tune. It's less then idea.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm hoping i wont have to go as far as have the valves done but who knows. I am taking it to a mechanic Tuesday to do a comp check and diagnostic, hopefully that goes well.

In the mean time ill have the hood open checking around if anyone else has another ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived