LegacyGT.com

What does this plug go to?

261769_994199988155_6400460_45806556_6091004_n.jpg

I was checking my oil level today when I noticed this. Plug at the bottom with the orange in the middle (middle of the picture) is missing a plug. Didn't notice anything obvious hanging. Car is an 06 5eat. Anyone know?

That is the EGT Sensor plug. If you have replaced your oem uppipe (and removed the egt sensor) and have disabled the EGT Cels, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are throwing a CEL, plug in a 1/2w 2.2k ohm resistor in there to shut it up.

Seeing as you have an 06, you (or a previous owner) must have either replaced the uppipe with an after market one or has gutted the stock UP and replaced the EGT sensor with a bolt.

I'm looking to install a TurboXS catless uppipe on my 05 LGT, do I have to mess with any wiring?

the stock uppipe has an EGT sensor in it, you do not reuse it on most aftermarket pipes. Thus you unplug it and hope for no CEL, but if there is one, follow the posts above

yes, but if youre tuned dont use it and even if youre not i wouldnt either, theres some stories on here that the sensor broke off and shattered some turbines. :(. subaru realized this and stopped catted uppipes in 07? and this goes for the wrxs too

EGT was in your up pipe. Looks like sensor long gone because it is not plugged in. If you dont have a CEL it is because your tune eliminated the EGT sensor.

With no sensor needed or installed it is safe to just tape over the left over connection so no water gets in it.

Many aftermarket up pipes do not have a bung for the EGT sensor. No downpipes have one.

• 1 year later...

Archived