LegacyGT.com

Need clutch help.

Ok so crucify me because i used the search like twice but my clutch is gonna go pretty soon here so what parts do i need in order to replace it? An entire clutch kit? Or just a certain part or parts? Oh and while im at it what are some ways to prevent my turbo going out?

You'll pretty much need to take things apart to determine what the problem is if there is no engagement at all. It could be as simple as pedal adjustment or as serious as pressure plate assembly or in teh tranny itself.
lol

In the tranny forum there is all kinds of info on clutches.

What year car ?

I'll assume a 05. you need a WRX single mass flywheel and a clutch kit. You need 8 flywheel bolts too.

Fred Beans a vendor here has what you need.

Or PM m sprank, and buy from him.

I would not adjust the clutch pedal, IMO not a good idea.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hode up hode up

if your clutch is going out, like not accelerating at high rpm under loads, then your disc is probably done. you have an 05 which means you have a dual mass flywheel which cant be resurfaces, therefore you should get an 06-07 wrx single mass flywheel and clutch and be done with it.

New pressure plate and...what? Do i need a flywheel? Clutch still engages fine just can tell its going soon as it slips on launches and engages at the top. Im selling this car soon to get my money back out and also i want a truck im selling next year so id prefer not to put 1500 bucks in

New pressure plate and...what? Do i need a flywheel? Clutch still engages fine just can tell its going soon as it slips on launches and engages at the top. Im selling this car soon to get my money back out and also i want a truck im selling next year so id prefer not to put 1500 bucks in

If you are selling it soon- just sell it sooner! It's generally a good idea to replace the whole lot since you're going to pull the gearbox anyway, and you might as well go for an upgrade ( if there is available) that's mmy phylosiphy if it dies replace it with something bigger and/or better.,

There's on way around it. The DMFW can not be turned (re-surfaced) It's not normal to just put a clutch disc in and expect it to last.

I sane person will replace the FW, clutch disc, pressure plate and throw out bearing.

There are all kinds of better options then stock, it just cost you money.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

well, clutch is a wear item, so you either replace it when its going bad, or you continue to drive on it until your car barely moves and risk more damage.

you need:

smfw- single mass flywheel

clutch kit - comes with disc and pressure plate

So i can't just buy a single mass FW and pop that son' bitch in and be on my way? Hard to believe an entire clutch assembly goes out and needs to be replaced EVERYTIME

ummm, the flywheel isn't the actual wear item though it takes abuse which, due to the labor involved in a clutch replacement is an extremely good idea to replace with a smfw (<$200) replacement while you're there instead of having your brand new clutch disk grabbing a hot-spotted stock flywheel. you'll need a throwout bearing too, which is cheap. For less than $200 a new smfw is well worth the investment. smfw can be resurfaced, dmfw cannot be. so if the clutch were to burn out again, the smfw you put in can be resurfaced for very little money

if you plan on keeping the car stock you can get an oem replacement, which is made by exedy. exedy stage 1 which is beefier is a better option. do not get a puck clutch, completely unnecessary for you.

Archived