LegacyGT.com

Brembo Swap Question - SS Lines?

MoffatRodney

So I'm buying a set of 2006 STi front calipers from a guy on NASIOC, and have ordered a set of DBA 4000 rotors for a 2004 STi from Fred Beans Parts. I also ordered the Goodridge stainless steel lines while I was at it - do the Legacy GT Stainless Steel lines couple to Brembos without a problem? I was going to order the STi Stainless Steel lines, but the guy at Fred Beans said I would definitely want the Legacy ones, even if I was going to Brembos. Anyone got any experience?

So I'm buying a set of 2006 STi front calipers from a guy on NASIOC, and have ordered a set of DBA 4000 rotors for a 2004 STi from Fred Beans Parts. I also ordered the Goodridge stainless steel lines while I was at it - do the Legacy GT Stainless Steel lines couple to Brembos without a problem? I was going to order the STi Stainless Steel lines, but the guy at Fred Beans said I would definitely want the Legacy ones, even if I was going to Brembos. Anyone got any experience?

I advised you to the Legacy GT Kit on the live chat the other day. Did you think I was steering you the wrong direction? Just kidding sir :p We have performed this swap in our shop a few times, thats why I suggested the Legacy Brake Line kit with confidence :)

-Jeremy

I advised you to the Legacy GT Kit on the live chat the other day. Did you think I was steering you the wrong direction? Just kidding sir :p We have performed this swap in our shop a few times, thats why I suggested the Legacy Brake Line kit with confidence :)

-Jeremy

Yeah, I didn't doubt you Jeremy - just as a technician, I always double check my info before I do anything :p Saves lots of headaches that way! I've ordered the lines and some DBA4000's from you.

I just got some front Brembos ( also on Nabisco ) that included some STI GR SS lines.

While swapping in my Bilsteins I compared the STI lines to my stock LGT ones. Length is the same, banjo and hardline is same. Only diiference I could see was the line to strut mounting tab, STI uses a flex clip vs the LGT bolt-in.

No info on the rears however that's been covered already...

Archived