LegacyGT.com

swaping a 4eat for a five speed or maybe... a 6 speed...????

anjion

How much have you done to the car? Is it all bolt-on? Personally if you haven't done too much or if it's all bolt-on, trade for a 99 GT Ltd (better body and everything, leather if you like that too), with a 5MT. Less headaches, matches with VIN, whole 9 yards. Easier base to start with.

subi555 is right. the parts would be for a m/t swap. gearbox, clutch, pedal box, clutch master cylender, all the associated mechanical bizzo, plus there is all the interior, and possibly a rear diff and rear drive shaft. but one option would be trade it in and put the same struts off your old car into the new. this should only include the struts and springs, and if you still want handeling stiffer sway bars.

you know I have driven a 5mt now and I'm thinking that I can live with my 4eat. I will have the level ten job done on it and I got a JDM EJ20 twin turbo for this week so I think that with this set up I should be really happy thanks for getting back to me. Oh yeah has anyone put a EJ20 twin turbo in a later legacy and if they have what problems they ran into. THe motor somes with a link plus system intercooler and all componets. thanks

I live in oregon and I can get a EJ20 single for 800 and the link piggy back for 1300 so money wise thats alot better idea. I'm hearing alot of pepole say the same thing about the twin......... a literal can of worms. I'm thinking that the single is the way to go.

Wouldn't want you to have that baby sitting in your garage and heah burried in hands wondering what the heck you just got because it's just over the top in complexity for a swap. WRX swap with like a VF28 = killer drivability. ;)

The main issue with the twin turbo is that it was designed with the steering on the other side. The left hand drive interferes with the turbo. You could get an older postal Legacy with right hand drive or convert to single turbo. For the cheap prices I've seen these twins go for vs. singles, that might not be a bad idea. You could also look into getting an old USDM Legacy turbo engine. 2.2 liters, closed deck block, tough as granite. I have one on my kitchen - 86K miles and this thing is brand new inside - crosshatching, etc. May be a legal issue with your car being newer than the engine, though and the USDM were only single cams, so they won't rev as high. Steve

[quote name='SUBE555'] WRX swap with like a VF28 = killer drivability. ;)[/quote] this is complet ignorance but what motor is that? and what are its specs? I havent seen anything about that one. and thaks for all the feed back its helping me imensely. and yeah swaping it for a loder legacy motor isnt a bad idea. the more i read into this the more I get intimidated by what 'm wanting to accomplish, but none the less I really want to do this :D

[quote name='anjion']I live in oregon and I can get a EJ20 single for 800 and the link piggy back for 1300 so money wise thats alot better idea. I'm hearing alot of pepole say the same thing about the twin......... a literal can of worms. I'm thinking that the single is the way to go.[/quote] I'd advise u go single if u want power - the TT have mid range hole in the power band. plus the TT blocks are not known for there strength.

Archived