LegacyGT.com

Which car battery should I go with?

So after a week and 1/2 of my car sitting in the garage not by choice but a tree was sitting in front of my garage I think my battery is on its way out. I jumped it and took it to get gas but it was very hesitant on startup after I shut it off and turned it back on.

Gonna get it tested however if it is dead what battery should I get? Another OEM, a friend of mine said Interstate

I dont have a stereo I dont need one of those deep cell batteries OEM one retails for 108$ i think I could get it for $70-80 new.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Can't you use the search function? There is one of these threads here. :)

A few years back I went to Walmart and bought the Maxx battery for the 05. it turned out to be rated pretty high in Consumer Reports.

It really is that easy.

Remember to stop by Harbor Fright and pick a battery terminal cleaner too. Or get one at Walmart.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^ thanks Byron but I would rather not do a battery from Walmart. I get my oil from there however for a battery I would rather go with a name brand.

I will def clean the terminals and cables if i end up getting a new battery.

tried to search also but for some reason i didnt find a battery thread

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I just replaced my batter...honestly couldn't tell you what I put in there. Whatever orilley's auto parts sells.

It's a battery, 12v and at least 450cca...beyond that does it really matter?

ummmmmmmmm yes, it matters

450cca is :lol:

try getting into your car on a cold 0* morning and try to start it. 450cca is a joke, and the car will turn over horridly sluggish. the more CCA the better IMHO.

Really any battery from a chain store should do the trick. And they usually have warranty covering them, no?

We have a national chain up here, Canadian Tire. Their basic batteries are dependable and well priced.

I'd like to believe that a high priced battery is better, but if a basic one starts your car every time for about 5 years or so, then why spend tons?

(And this is coming from a guy who used to wholesale big-buck Optima deep cycle batteries to the car audio crowd.)

I've always used Interstate batteries. They seem to work fine.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I guess he missed the fact that the Maxx EverStart which Walmart sells is one of the top rated batteries.

Just need to find which size fit's our cars. I think its a group N ? It say's in the book with the batteries.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-maintenance/the-best-car-battery-brand-to-use-for-lasting-performance

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

ummmmmmmmm yes, it matters

450cca is :lol:

try getting into your car on a cold 0* morning and try to start it. 450cca is a joke, and the car will turn over horridly sluggish. the more CCA the better IMHO.

right. the battery I got was 690cca. 450cca is spec'd by Subaru (at least that's what the orilleys guy told me)

If you go into the back of your local interstate dealership you will find a pallet of batteries and a couple rolls of stickers for different "brands" of batteries. There are only a few battery manufacturers. You are buying a warranty more than anything else. I use batteries from costco. Good price (around $50), good warranty, and most areas have a costco to get a new one if you have a problem.

If you insist on the best battery made Sears Diehard Platinum batteries are excellent. They are AGM so they handle vibration better, and have great CCA and reserve capacities, as well as an excellent warranty. You do pay for it, so the choice is up to you.

I agree with almost everyone's statement. Get a battery that fits, and it will work! LOL. I do currently have an Optima Deep Cycle in my Honda accord that has been swapped from about 4 different cars over the last 6 years, and is still working! My OEM battery in the Suby is still working great....dont think i would drop the money on an optima again though!

You can but you have to pay a one time shopping fee... your best bet is to have a friend with a costco card go and buy you a $20 costco cash card. Once you have the cash card pay the first $20 with the card and the rest with a debit or amex card, and there will be no fee.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

You can but you have to pay a one time shopping fee... your best bet is to have a friend with a costco card go and buy you a $20 costco cash card. Once you have the cash card pay the first $20 with the card and the rest with a debit or amex card, and there will be no fee.

Good idea or I can just give the $ to a friend and have him buy it when I go there.... Unless he would get the warranty and not me. Gotta find someone first.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Archived