LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP v2 loses connection

TRSCobra

Lately, I've done a few WOT pulls using my AP as a boost gauge. After 1 or 2 pulls, it loses connection and has the screen with the gears turning. If I disconnect/reconnect it, it works fine until I go WOT through 2 or more gears.

It did this before when I was logging too many parameters, and it went back to normal when I took a few off the list. This time I wasn't even logging and it did it.

Anyone ever have this issue?

Mine frequently loses connection. It's the dongle on mine. Cobb wants $100 to do the update :(
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I had the same problem with my v2 AccessPort. Called Cobb and they wanted 100 bucks because it was past the warranty period. It was the old style dongle that would lose connection during WOT. It is a hardware issue. I told them I would have found this problem earlier had I done logging earlier(like when I first purchased it). I only found it when logging for my stage 3 tune(this year).

Basically the problem had always been there and they knew it.

I called back and was a nice guy and asked to talk to mgmt, told the story about just logging this year and they fixed the dongle. Actually replaced it with a new style.

Give em a call back, it may be worth it.

Archived