LegacyGT.com

Aughh - changing navigation disks in 2009

I just bought a 2009 Outback with the dash screen and navigation stuff on it. It came with an "Eastern" data set. I bought a Western data set off of Ebay (version 3 - seems to all be OEM stuff). The Subaru "optional owners manual for navigation" doesn't appear to match my car's hardware. It says to push a reset button on "the main navigation unit that is under the front driver's seat). I see a little red button (actually a hole about 1/4" in diameter and circled in red) down there, but I'm not sure it's the "reset" button (nor is there one on the faceplate just be below the main dash screen as some other posting say to look for -- and certainly no snap-off faceplate on the dash panel. Later Outbacks seem to have two DVD trays, one for the nav system and one for intertainment. I can find no second DVD tray anywhere on my car. Is someone able to tell me what I actually need to do to use the Western DVD I just bought to actually work in the car??? The manual seems to say just put in in one of the "entertainment" (i.e., dashboard) slots and push the reset button, but since I can't FIND a reset button, I'm completely stuck on how to swap regions displayed.

The navigation disc changer is under the driver seat. If you go through the back driver side door and look under the driver seat you will see it. There may be a little piece of carpet covering it. Get a flashlight to help you see. Just eject the disc and put the new one in. Make sure the ignition is off so the disc isnt in use when you try and eject it.

This might be a good read for you. You can also find Version 9 of the Map Discs here...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/all-things-navigation-map-updates-included-239442.html

FWIW, I bought a Tom Tom with free lifetime updates and traffic. I only use the nav in the car as a reference. IMO, its not that good any ways.

In fact if you have a smart phone, the waze app is much better.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived