LegacyGT.com

Official Graphite Grey Metallic Thread (2010)

Tide

I've been looking at this one from discount tire. its 18x8 5x100 et45.

I have not seen any reviews, but its on sale for $99.

can't get much more reasonable than that.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/product/wheels/mbmess.smf.xl.jpg

theres a few different things you have to look into such as quality as well im not talking spending 1000 per wheel like the debate that ive seen going on but just advising you to make sure you do your research and just make sure your happy with whatever you choose dont let anyone else sway you away everyones got their style while some hate others love

Those look awesome!! Do you or anyone else have any suggestions on which method would be best to paint them? I don't want to leave them matte, I would prefer to have a clear coat finish

just did an a thorough scuff of the surface and did some tape work around the edges couple coats of primer and couple coats of paint along with a matte clear coat (matte being my preference) (also this is still their first winter of being painted so far they seem to be doing great)

IMAG0406.thumb.jpg.69017e6ce3b5a5202ee86d3a78fa790e.jpg

IMAG0392.thumb.jpg.22c2c7728e649711816514809d060feb.jpg

IMAG0330.thumb.jpg.5f61b33ee4f5dd34716b5e336f97ac5e.jpg

IMAG0325-1-1.thumb.jpg.374f668c008ad848149c3b3b2a11cc0a.jpg

IMAG0329.thumb.jpg.0a851e405c0a3731634ccb8e88881977.jpg

Edited by judgenot

just did an a thorough scuff of the surface and did some tape work around the edges couple coats of primer and couple coats of paint along with a matte clear coat (matte being my preference) (also this is still their first winter of being painted so far they seem to be doing great)

Looks great man, nice job. What method of spraying them did you use? Any special spray paint from a can? Or by using a spray gun?

Those look awesome!! Do you or anyone else have any suggestions on which method would be best to paint them? I don't want to leave them matte, I would prefer to have a clear coat finish

I sanded down a few large scuffs (curb rash) I had on the rims, then just plasti-dipped mine with the tires on the rims, knowing that you can peel the p-dip off of the rubber after it dries... In retrospect I wish I had used the index card method (described below) to contain the spray, as in some spots the p-dip didn't coat the tire thickly enough to make it easy to peel off. So now there are a few places where it looks like my tires are shedding their top layer of skin (like after a bad sunburn) :lol:.

I think for a clear coat/shiny finish there are a few more steps involved (sand/scuff the whole surface, primer?, paint, clear coat), but I am not sure... Since it was for my winter setup, I know it's gonna get banged up, so just want to be able to re-spray the problem areas easily, hence my approach... good luck, and post pics!

A trick some people will do so they dont have to pay to dismiunt the tires is to buy a deck of cards and stick them around the wheel between the tire and rim and then spray to paint

Looks great man, nice job. What method of spraying them did you use? Any special spray paint from a can? Or by using a spray gun?

rattle can rustolium from home depot

i was recommended this red primer because i wanted to do red wheels

http://www.homedepot.com/Reds-Pinks/Paint-Spray-Paint-Primers/h_d1/N-5yc1vZas1nZ1z13w01/R-100670434/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.URXDdI5OHS8

then i believe this was what i used for the actual paint (again red)

http://www.homedepot.com/Reds-Pinks/Paint-Spray-Paint/h_d1/N-5yc1vZapz5Z1z13w01/R-100670441/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.URXEkI5OHS9

then i used this to clear coat (note it says MATTE) my choice of course

http://www.homedepot.com/Clear/Paint-Spray-Paint/h_d1/N-5yc1vZapz5Z1z135k1/R-100670439/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.URXFR45OHS8

and if i remember correct i did 2 coats primer 4 coats paint and either 1 or 2 clear coat

awesome, thanks for the info judgenot!

no prob good luck and just keep in mind once you touch the sandpaper to the wheel theres no looking back the sand job was hell but worth it and you may also feel the need to do it differently when it comes to the amount of layers etc so of course dont feel like you have to do it exactly like i did what color you thinking?

no prob good luck and just keep in mind once you touch the sandpaper to the wheel theres no looking back the sand job was hell but worth it and you may also feel the need to do it differently when it comes to the amount of layers etc so of course dont feel like you have to do it exactly like i did what color you thinking?

I want to do a darker color. I was pondering the idea of matching them to the body color of my car. I posted a picture of my car a few posts ago. What do you think? Any color suggestions?

I want to do a darker color. I was pondering the idea of matching them to the body color of my car. I posted a picture of my car a few posts ago. What do you think? Any color suggestions?

personally i would stay away from color match but its just not my style if you like it go for it just think to yourself first whats the big picture? where do you want it to end up? the big finish? they may only be your winter wheels but whats your summer setup gonna look like? go from there and try to match that im not sure what your style is or how old you are etc etc so i can only advise so much but i know for me that i like the "murdered" look only (obviously its grey not black) so im putting my own take on it blacked out every bit of chrome (except my custom exhaust tips) and decided to accent with red also just to mention i am not completely finished i plan to go lower (hopefully air ride) along with maybe a roof rack eventually etc etc but never mind my car hopefully i gave you some ideas/inspiration there are many ways you could go about this whatever style is yours go for it

703962_10151229822487677_334216576_o.thumb.jpg.72bd470211a9beb9402d27754dec28dd.jpg

391627_10151087260082677_1459902807_n.jpg.f3bfd0dbc002c85b9fbc86c1004cfd80.jpg

291806_10151155796557677_1974706105_n.jpg.7fdba3462a70c436a70e7b96843fa22c.jpg

256106_10151087357482677_1895508505_o.thumb.jpg.102ff5f0573cd6128e9d75a349252ef5.jpg

I want to put some new rims on my 3.6R, anyone have any suggestions of what I should throw on it? Something that is a reasonable price? lolIMG_1511.JPG

...on a grey car I think that silver or hyper black wheels will work well. I think the wheels below could work for you (all in 18"):

Enkei M52:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/enkei_performance/swap/enkeiperf_m52_hb_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei Raijin:

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/enkei_tuning/swap/enkeitun_raijin_hs_ci3_l.jpg

Enkei RS05:

http://www.enkei.co.jp/images/wheels/racing/rs05/img_ph_02_l.jpg

OZ Racing Superturismo LM:

http://www.oz-japan.com/images/products/racing/ST_LM/img_main_02.jpg

Prodrive GT1:

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/PRD-GT1HPS.jpg

ya...you might have missed "reasonably" priced. Those Enkei RS05's and O.Z. Superturismo's aren't cheap.

...not at all, I don't know what he has to spend or what he even considers reasonable. That being said I don't really consider either terribly expensive, though they are most expensive in that list. Neither are in the same price league as say the Advan Kreutzer Series Xi or BBS RE in Legacy fitments.

• 2 weeks later...
So my Wife said I could spend $500 on my GT. I am happy with the stock power/speed so I am looking into exterior styling. I am in the process of plasti-dip'n my grill and window tinting is already scheduled (not part of the $500)....I also plan on using Lowe's for my front lip (just for now). I could use a spoiler and probably headlights but PLEASE throw some ideas at me.

So my Wife said I could spend $500 on my GT. I am happy with the stock power/speed so I am looking into exterior styling. I am in the process of plasti-dip'n my grill and window tinting is already scheduled (not part of the $500)....I also plan on using Lowe's for my front lip (just for now). I could use a spoiler and probably headlights but PLEASE throw some ideas at me.

One of the best bangs for your buck is a larger rear sway bar... something like a 22mm Whiteline will run you about $200 and will make a noticeable improvement in stability and cornering! Would leave you enough money for a spoiler, which I think is necessary on 5th Gens for aesthetic reasons...

My $0.02

I think my favorite thing I have done that could be in that price range would be the headlights. I got mine with HID's so that made then a little more expensive but without that it will be in your price range. Spoiler I would say also, but I have been putting mine off. The Lowes front lip is the cheapest coolest investment I made. It has held up through many snow storms and even when we had so much that I was plowing it with my front bumper. The only thing I would say about it is where it wraps around, just need to put screw and washer set up to push the lip out. I posted previously a while back if you want some ideas of how to do it. Also I like the stock mud flaps if you don't have or if you are running stock rims, H&R spacers are very nice to bring the rim and tire out flush with flares. I have pictures of that as well.

2012-03-22_15-07-31_43.thumb.jpg.91f4c2a28b8b275b7e7f7a77ceee27f1.jpg

2012-03-22_15-07-05_149.thumb.jpg.c6995944376d6a752f81794b4a8262ef.jpg

I think my favorite thing I have done that could be in that price range would be the headlights. I got mine with HID's so that made then a little more expensive but without that it will be in your price range. Spoiler I would say also, but I have been putting mine off. The Lowes front lip is the cheapest coolest investment I made. It has held up through many snow storms and even when we had so much that I was plowing it with my front bumper. The only thing I would say about it is where it wraps around, just need to put screw and washer set up to push the lip out. I posted previously a while back if you want some ideas of how to do it. Also I like the stock mud flaps if you don't have or if you are running stock rims, H&R spacers are very nice to bring the rim and tire out flush with flares. I have pictures of that as well.

Mmm spacers. :)

What size spacers did you use? Same for rear and fronts?