LegacyGT.com

Pearl Blue or Black

I just got a pearl blue leagacy GT Limited and am picking it up Monday. I dunno about the color though. Does anyone have a pearl blue. I wanted the black, but they didnt' have anymore 2005's. Let me know if the color is hot or not. And how much can i expect to pay if i wanted to paint it black?

You mean Regal Blue. Pearl Blue isn't a color. :D

It is just as hot as black. To have the car totally color changed to black will cost you probably close to $5000. I would just get used to the blue. If black was that important then you should have looked around until you found it. Color changing a car is not economical. Unless you have a lot more cash than patience then I would just enjoy the blue.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'd get the regal blue too if I wanted a dark colour. I think it looks great.

I've had too many black cars in my life to know that they are a pain to keep them looking how I want them to look- ie: clean and shiny for more than 1 day after a wash.

I'd get the regal blue too if I wanted a dark colour. I think it looks great.

I've had too many black cars in my life to know that they are a pain to keep them looking how I want them to look- ie: clean and shiny for more than 1 day after a wash.

I agree, but still have that problem with RBP.. :)

I love black and blue on cars but didn't want to deal with keeping it looking clean so I went with the Regal Blue Pearl and I'm glad I did. My previous car was black and it was a pain to keep clean. For the most part after dawn it looks black anyway and in the direct sun the blue really stands out. It's like having 2 colors in one in my opinion.

I'm pretty surprised about how easy it is to keep the RBP clean. I have had dark cars in the past, but I've been driving white and champange colored cars for the last several years. It is way more work to get a light color to really impress people and I just didn't want to spend that much time on my car. So I got the RBP thinking that it would be a little easier to handle than black. Waterspots and drip marks don't show up quite as bad. Dust doesn't show up quite as bad. It is obviously not as easy as white or silver, but I think it has definite advantages. Most of the time it looks like a black car reflecting a very blue sky. I love this color.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Initially, we thought black was the best looking and we looked all over for silver mostly because we thought it would be easiest to keep clean but couldn't find all the specs we wanted (GT, Limited, MT, Wagon) so went with a Regal Blue the dealer had on the lot. Couldn't be happier with it.

Honestly, I agree with Magowin in that I don't think there's a huge difference between the Regal Blue and Black. Obviously they are different colors but they have similar qualities. Both have a very sleak look on the Legacy and I think they make the car look a bit smaller than the lighter colors. That said, I disagree that the Regal Blue is easier to clean. If any water drops dry on the car you'll be looking a spots all over the car and wondering why you didn't look harder for silver or white (I can't believe I just wrote that).

This is considering that to repaint an entire car you have to remove the engine and disassemble a ton of stuff. The labor kicks it up a bunch. There is a ton of prep work that goes into stripping off the current paint and getting it ready for a new color. $5 to $7 thousand dollars is pretty conservative for a full color swap.

OCDETAILS BLOG

This is considering that to repaint an entire car you have to remove the engine and disassemble a ton of stuff. The labor kicks it up a bunch. There is a ton of prep work that goes into stripping off the current paint and getting it ready for a new color. $5 to $7 thousand dollars is pretty conservative for a full color swap.

Important to note... "Full color swap" It can be much cheaper if you just paint the exterior. But people like me and OCDetails will give you crap for having an engine bay and door jams that are different colors... :p

I wouldn't give you serious crap for having a brand new car that had different colors in the door jambs and under the hood. Not only did you just increase your cost on the car by several thousand dollars, you also probably just hurt the resale value by the same amount. So that new paint job will ultimately cost you twice what you paid. Like I said... if you have more money than patience and you can't spend time looking for the color you want, then you definitely pay the price by changing the color after you buy the car.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Mos def ... stick with the Regal Blue Pearl! I just picked mine up July 30. My previous car was a real nice blue but when picking up the LGT, I realized that pearl effect set it off - no comparisons. I got the Taupe interior ... nice, very nice color combo.

As for black, it's a beautiful color. But when getting opinions from folks, the first thing they'll tell you is how dang hard it is to keep clean even when there's no inclement weather.

Archived