LegacyGT.com

MetroWest Subaru are SCUMBAGS!

drifterx

This is not my first problem with MetroWest Subaru in Natick/Framingham MASS! Their service department are a bunch of shady scumbags... Let me elaborate...

My wife has a 05 LGT. We bought a 7yr 70K warrentee that covered everything including alarm and remote start.

This time, we started up the car with the remote start, then jumped in the car, turned the key to the on position, then drove. Stopped and turned the car off but the car would not turn off. the car kept running. Then, with the KEY OUT OF THE CAR, We were able to shift and drive the car around the block. The only way we shut off the car was to reach underneath and unplug the harness.

We tried to bring it to another dealership because we had other issues with Natick before and they always seemed "shady". But since it was a dealer aftermarket it had to go back to MetroWest although when we were sold the car there, they said we can go anywhere. We no longer live in the Metrowest area.

Ok that was a pain bringing the car there because their electronic guy ONLY works on Mondays. Then they refused to service the car. After some fighting they agreed they would test it and if things needed to be fixed/replaced they would charge the deducible. My wife said ok. They then just plugged the harness back in and would not give the car back to her till she paid them $50. They did not test the car and the remote start works fine when it was plugged back in. Because he said he plugged the harness back it cost her $50. I could have reached under and plugged it back in but the car was having issues with it in. The radio and temp gauge would dim and flicker also. This is a safety issue also with the car being able to shift with no key in and the car did not shut off when u hit the brakes with no key in.

We then asked what happens if this does this again? he said bring the car back and kept running in circles and not giving us a direct answer when we asked him if we needed to pay another $50. Basically, it was a yes that he did not want to say. He was run and just wanted to screw us. His name is Chris. The owner of the dealership is no better.

They tried to screw one of my friends over too when he brought in his WRX, he moved his "WRX" trunk badge and stuck it on the dash above his radio, they told him his car was not under warrenty because he modified it. THERE WERE NO OTHER MODS ON HIS CAR BUT THE BADGE-ING!

Our center console cig lighter plug does not stay in, we did not break it. It just does not hold in, they refused to warranty it.

They also lied to my father in law, told him he needed new tires and he didnt. He knew I get a discount on them so he didnt do it there. I looked at the tires and there was a lot of meat still on them. He got another year before it hit he changed them and it wasnt even on the bump stop yet but he wanted snow tires that season. I kept his old tires and my brother got through that winter, spring, and fall before he changed them. WHat bastards!

Then one time, we caught them almost putting in regular oil in a synthetic change.

THAT IS WHY WE DO NOT DO ANYMORE BUSINESS WITH THEM!

THEY ARE SHADY!

We have great experiences with Quirk, Planet and for the guys in the west, Its worth the drive to Patrick Subaru. If your buying a car, check out the girls on their Web Dept if u buy from the internet offers, or see Tri. WHat i love is their honesty and the efforts they put in. I drive from Quincy to SHrewsbury to buy my cars. We own 5 Subarus currently between my wife, my bro, my mom-in-law, my father in law, and brother from a different mother (yes we are that tight) so we have dealt with many subie dealers before. And we have upgraded from other Subies too. Go see Jerry at Quirk Service too, he is great also...

My inlaws live in Wayland and they refuse to go to MetroWest even before they found out our problems. I guess a lot of ppl know already.

I am going to write a letter to New England Subaru and Subaru of America and to the department that handles automobile safety.

My wife would never know how to pull the harness by herself and I work like 80+ hrs per week. PLus that is a pretty crappy install if you can reach under the dash and unplug the alarm.

WOW SORRY FOR THE LONG POST... I need to edit this with more spacing

I dont even care if they read this and they will know who it is also. I am so mad at this... For $150 I could have had a new one put in. I cant believe they charged her $50 to plug the damn thing back in and when we asked, he said we dont know what is wrong.

They wanted a $100 Diagnostic fee too which is as much as an install...

The owner of the dealership is no better.

My in laws live in Wayland and they refuse to go to MetroWest even before they found out about our problems. I guess a lot of people know already.

I am going to write a letter to New England Subaru and Subaru of America and to the department that handles automobile safety.

The owner's name at Metrowest Subaru is "Frank". Years ago he registered and replied to a post of mine about his dealership on Nabisco aka "NASIOC" but received so much negative feedback on the thread that he appears to have stopped posting there.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911604

FYI, Subaru of New England is owned by the Ernie Boch "family" and is unlikely to be especially responsive to your issues, although I wish you the best of luck.

The National Highway and Safety Administration is typically not that involved with one off consumer issues and seems to be more concerned with wide spread vehicle safety issues.

i bought my LGT at metrowest but never had my car serviced there. i used to go to the dealer in norwood but now quirk in quincy since its the closest to me.

quirk somehow broke my license plate holder and my plate was all bent out of shape after service. they said will give me a new license plate holder but they didnt have any at the time?? lol. whatever, no biggie.

Matrowest Subaru is the closest dealershit to mine and my girlfriends house, so that's where I pick up any parts I need from them. I have no complaints from the parts department, the same guy is always there and is very knowledgeable.

When I first got my LGT (from a Toyota dealershit in NY) it only came with one key. I went to Metrowest to get a copy made. The guy said it would take an over an hour and I had to schedule an appointment. He also said he couldn't fit me in for over two weeks. That seems a little ridiculous even if they have to "program" the keys. I'm still driving around with one key.

My father referred me to a guy out of Woburn that will come to your car and cut/program keys in your driveway or parking lot at work. Haven't put a call into him yet.

I had to do likewise for my new car.. I did indeed wait an hour in their waiting room for him to cut the key, reprogram my extra remote.. call in SOA I believe to program the key... That's my only experience with metrowest.. other than them trying to sell me an STI that was USED and was waaay overpriced. The salesperson was bs'ing out of his ass.. made some comments about my evo, which apparently he thought was just a regular lancer.. :) Oh well..

I bought my car there. Paid 27 for the new 07GT including the armrest extender and spt intake...that sucks. They never gave me a problem with service with the mods Ive done. They even gave me touch up paint. YEAA Quirk, flagged me for everything....exhaust, intake, pulley, etc... QUIRK SUCKS!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Been to MetroWest a few times since I moved out here, of all the visit, only one cost me less than $50 (oil change) while all other ones are $500+ Not sure it is beause my car is getting old (05 with close to 60K) or just happened all the stuffs break around the same time.

I stopped into metrowest once when my keyless entry was acting up. Service had no idea if the battery in my remote was replaceable and said it probably wasnt and that i would need a new remote. They said id have to make a service appt to have them check out the remote. Thanks, but no thanks.

For service in Metrowest go see Speen St Automotive. Agree that Planet is good but a haul. Village inActon also seems OK Metrowest are shady - I don't go there anymore.

Speen St Automotive is great! They've told be how to fix my car several times. They fixed my car 1/3 cheeper than Metrowest was going to charge me. Village in Acton is also very good. They did my turbo replacement for me no questions asked.

• 3 weeks later...

I had fun test driving an LGT at Metrowest Subaru before finding one elsewhere. The sales rep was trying to convince me that I had to buy the car from him because I was lucky he let me test drive it. (mind you I had owned another Subaru for 7 years and I was coming in as a potential cash buyer)

Otherwise they were pretty friendly, but it was definitely an off-putting pressure sales situation. I am sure many of the other sales reps are a bit easier.

Archived