LegacyGT.com

2.5i Opensource Tuning

I'm having a hard time finding information and other people's experiences with tuning their 2.5i's specifically.

How many 2.5i owners have experience with opensource tuning? Does anyone have any comparison dynos or opinions on the benefits?

I talked to awdtuning here in houston and Kieth said the biggest gain in power would come from getting a tune for 93+ octane along with any other things like intake/exhaust. And before the end of summer I am going to have him tune my car.

I spoke to Matt @ 555Motorsports (Mid Central, NASIOC) about a tune for my NA 09 Forester and he estimated 10 hp and 2-3 mpg gains based on his previous work on 06-07 NA Imprezas.

I spoke to Matt @ 555Motorsports (Mid Central, NASIOC) about a tune for my NA 09 Forester and he estimated 10 hp and 2-3 mpg gains based on his previous work on 06-07 NA Imprezas.

10hp with no modifications on 87octane?

I'd also be curious to see what a tune with higher octane would be able to achieve.

Well one can look at the improvements the Impreza guys are getting and judge our own gains. The AP for 5MT Imprezas is on the streets and numbers are streaming in. A good 93 tune will yield 10awhp max i would assume. EL headers coupled with a tune will be your best combo for overall HP gains this has been proven already over on NASIOC.com a user has a thread showing the gains/dyno charts etc. I plan on taking my 08 2.5i to TurboXS for a protune with a UEL header and 93 later this summer after I clear some fiscal year protocol

• 3 months later...

I'm slated to get opensource tuned by Infamous1 here soon... just waiting for my cable to arrive.

I think I will switch to higher octane fuel though to maximize the potential. I've been running only 87 octane for the last couple years but ran a tank of 89 last week and will step up to 91 today. Local gas station Ultramar runs a special on 91 octane, 3 cents less on 'Supreme' Thursdays...

My cable arrived yesterday, downloaded my ROM and sent it to Infamous1. Not sure, but may need to wait for the definition for the '05 BP/BL 2.5i MT to be released...

I did some datalogging yesterday - need to figure out how to graph it all. The realtime data you can download is pretty interesting :-D

update:

Looks like my tune won't be happening for a bit. Need to wait for the definition for my ECU to be released. Main problem now is that merchgod, the primary contributor of ECU definitions, has taken on a new job at Cobb recently and is no longer creating any new definitions. Not sure who will be taking on this task...

merchgod "it is unlikely I'll be doing any definition work in the future. There really is no time. I do not know of anyone taking it over at this point."

Currently, only the following NA Legacy ECUs are supported:

Legacy 2.5i

08 EZ1D105C (MT)*, EZ1D201D (AT)*

09 EZ1D302B (AT)*, EZ1D302C (MT)*, EZ1D302D (AT)*

Yeah but untuned 93 is just better gas period and I hate to dump junk into my baby!

Define "better".

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived