LegacyGT.com

Fully independent fogs lights

This mod will enable you to keep you fogs on with your high beams and use your fogs with your parking lights only. This walkthrough shows the wiring points only, not the dissassembly, or how to do your wiring. Standard disclaimer applies, you may break your car at your own risk.

1. First pic - overview, shows three locations you need to modify. From left to right: Blue connector from the mirror control/wiper heater assembly. Fog relay/relay assembly. Left stalk connector.

2. Second pic rear of relay assembly. With the relay assembly pulled out, cut the blue/white wire, secure the loose end from the car, and tap into the blue/white wire coming from the relay assembly.

3. Third/fourth pic. Find the violet wire on the blue connector, and attach your tap from step two here. Instead, you may also wire your tap into constant on or ACC, if you don't like your parking lights being on to have your fogs on.

4. Fifth pic. When looking the the front most part of the connector you will see a white/red and a black/black wire on the the same edge. Splice these two together, without severing either. (Careful, as there is another black/black on the other side which I did not check to see what it was)

1.jpg.9f2bb3c135b52168ca0b0c880ff12450.jpg

2.jpg.3b499694fd87f7f8dafb172afb03f9fa.jpg

3.jpg.44707dfffa6b48c912adb58978555f0d.jpg

4.jpg.2e13c47e39dc80bdf19d7b0e85d9223c.jpg

5.jpg.a189c49b21b5ab21062d2dae5e37e27a.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are 2 wires are you connecting together at the switch harness when you do the last part of the mod? (I assume one is the ground source)

Does the fog on/off switch still work after this?

Except for that step it's identical to the steps I've already posted.

What are 2 wires are you connecting together at the switch harness when you do the last part of the mod? (I assume one is the ground source)

Does the fog on/off switch still work after this?

Except for that step it's identical to the steps I've already posted.

It's what's on the other pole of the fog switch, switched ground. Now body ground.

Yes, everything works.

Sounds good to me. May I add your step to my site (proper credit of course)?

I hadn't pulled the column apart or looked at the manuals. I just assumed that the switch did the disconnect when placed into the high beam position (that it wasn't being fed switched ground). That's what I get for assuming!

Could someone post pics on how they do their wiring when performing this mod? Deer Killer's instructions seem very straightforward, but I'm challenged when it comes to wiring. Thanks in advance.

Lee - my pics show the first part of the mod in greater detail. Then do the second part of the mod in Pic 5 above and you're good to go.

http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/fogmod.html

Deer Killer -

I just don't want to use your pics without your consent. I'm too lazy to break out the camera this coming weekend when I do that part of the mod :D

Lee - my pics show the first part of the mod in greater detail. Then do the second part of the mod in Pic 5 above and you're good to go.

http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/fogmod.html

Deer Killer -

I just don't want to use your pics without your consent. I'm too lazy to break out the camera this coming weekend when I do that part of the mod :D

I think I got it, but just to be sure, only do mod five (or pic 5) from deerkiller if I want fogs to stay on with high beams.

Thanks-Bret

This is not my beautiful car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear Killer, thanks so much for this, I had done that on my RS and was looking for this for the Wagon.

One question though, can you clarify this (see below , in bold..)

4. Fifth pic. When looking the the front most part of the connector you will see a white/red and a black/black wire on the the same edge. Splice these two together, without severing either. (Careful, as there is another black/black on the other side which I did not check to see what it was)

Thank you very much !

Bob

Dear Killer, thanks so much for this, I had done that on my RS and was looking for this for the Wagon.

One question though, can you clarify this (see below , in bold..)

NP, just wire them together without actually cutting either into two.