LegacyGT.com

Dash & Instrument lights

I was giving a 98 LGT wagon and after a long list of problems it ready for the road again. So after a few test drives I finally took a night drive and noticed that my dash lights up fine, but nothing else. So my question is does the controls on the drivers side door light up. There is one green light on the driver window. Is this correct? Fog,Cruise,and Rear Defroster buttons don't have lights around them. They do light if you press them when you can find them. Next I need a big favor is anyone willing to take pictures of your instruments lights at night to see what bulbs I need to find or replace switches.

Thanks

On my phone, so not going to go hunting for the relevant threads. However:

1. The one green light for the door switch is correct.

2. Most other switches in the car have two bulbs. One illuminates the switch icon and the other one illuminates when you toggle the switch on. The latter tend to last longer since they only light up when the switch is on, which sounds like your issue. The following each have two bulbs: fog Lights, cruise control, rear defroster, heated seats and wipers (if you have those switches near the parking brake.)

3. The hazard lights switch has one bulb to illuminate it.

The bulbs are easy to replace with stock RadioShack bulbs.

the ones that are more difficult are the bulbs in the heater / AC control. there are 3 and you have to pull the unit to replace them. not too hard, but more so than the other switch bulbs.

there is a great write up on it.

Archived