LegacyGT.com

4EAT pdf link

levis76

Thanks for the link. After reading it looks like I need another solenoid. The garage that worked on my car and replaced the diff replaced one of them. I just don't know which one it is. It had to do with torque binding so I'm going to guess Duty C. I think I need an A.

When replacing a solenoid, do you need to disassemble the transmission? Would that include draining/refilling fluid?

When replacing a solenoid, do you need to disassemble the transmission? Would that include draining/refilling fluid?

You will definitely have to drain the fluid. The solenoid is on the valve body, which drops down through the pan opening. Pulling the VB isn't too bad from what I have seen, but I don't know if would be opening that thing up. It's a mess inside.

You will definitely have to drain the fluid. The solenoid is on the valve body, which drops down through the pan opening. Pulling the VB isn't too bad from what I have seen, but I don't know if would be opening that thing up. It's a mess inside.

I think that's one area for the stealership to mess with. I had my speed sensor go, they had to drop the pan and split the trans to replace the harness. $200 in parts, $900 labor. Not cheap, but worth it for it to be done right. Got new gaskets and fluid out of it too.

Trans is out of my comfort zone, I guess it depends on how wrench capable you are, and how much time you have...

Archived