LegacyGT.com

HELP! What stereo wires are these?

dspurgin22

Long story short I installed my coilovers today and found tucked under my seat, a bunch of what looks like sub and amp wires.

Im new to the aftermarket stereo stuff, so would be awesome if someone could tell me what ive got going on here. Can I wire a sub? A sub and an amp??

Thanks!!

594975654_WP_20130713_003(577x1024).thumb.jpg.bf694a18e0f79c9dbaeaf349850123e9.jpg

That's definitely not factory wiring.... Factory will never use crimp on connections. Looks like one end of RCAs, Speaker Wire, and probably a remote turn on wire (crimp connection).

Now what are they connected to on the other end? At least where are they under the dash? You would have to find that out before you can use them. :confused:

You would also need Power/Ground wires for an amp as well.;)

I found a big red power wire connected to the battery, and there is a black ground wire that didnt make it into the picture. Other than that I havent done to much digging into the dash but I also was told about needing a fuse really close to the battery? So i guess that will be the next thing to find.

Thanks for the help!!

Don't try to use someone else's crappy wiring job. If you want to do something, pull the existing wires out and reinstall.

You never know if someone's gone and extended a power wire using a big ball of electrical tape as the connection method ;)

Archived