LegacyGT.com

Should I buy this 07 LGT?

Dbl_D718

I've been looking for a LGT for a long time now and just can't find any nice ones around me. Well I found one about 3 hours away and went to see it. I'd like some input on the deal they offered me.

It's an 07 LGT Limited, manual trans, blue with tan leather, with 68k miles. It's in good condition overall; only a few scratches, one dent, and the interior is nice and clean. I really want the black interior though, so that's a negative. One of the plastic covers for the car-seat hooks in the back seat is broken too; how hard would it be to find a replacement?

The big negative is that when I popped the hood, I noticed that both headlight brackets were missing a bolt and that the bumper cover didn't seem straight. I gave the bumper a little push and it slid back into place, so it's got to be missing at least one screw/bolt/something too. So when I ask them if it's been in a front-end accident, sure enough, CarFax says it was last year with "moderate" damage. Guess they weren't planning on mentioning that...

Long story short, we got to $16,300 for the car and $4650 for my trade-in that they originally said was worth $2200. I wouldn't take that deal and left. So eliminating the number game, it looks like the price would be $13850 for the LGT if I assume my trade is worth the $2200. Is that a decent price given that the car's been in an accident and possibly not repaired the greatest?

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

sounds like you should pass. wrong interior color, its had an accident and shoty repair work, plus sales people arent being upfront with you. if youre going to spend 14k on something you better be in love with it. thats what i think anyway.

something better will come along.

Yeah I after I slept on it, I decided to pass. I'm having a really hard time finding one reasonably close though.

Any suggestions on locating one other than AutoTrader, eBay, and the local newspapers?

MODS: PW TMIC, Cobb catted DP, HKS cat-back, AVO filter, Bren e-tune; Konis/Epics, Advan RCII

Where are you located? What's your range of years and price you're willing to look at? If you start reaching out to members on here in the FS section or the WTB section people tend to notice you asking and sometimes will reach out to you with local links and other ideas. Just an idea to start your search. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived