LegacyGT.com

Georgia roll call

tougefox

Ah, that stinks! I had the same thing happen back in the spring, right front strut started leaking pretty bad, I had all 4 replaced.

My car's going to the shop this week, it's been running kinda crappy lately. I'm thinking I have a vacuum leak somewhere, but haven't been able to find it. Hope to have it fixed by next weekend.

Any particular reason you replaced all your struts? Also, who do you take your LGT to?

I think the unpredictable and plentiful pothole locations on Johnson Ferry Road lane/bridge construction south of the river did in the strut.

AP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone. I had a bad mountainbiking accident on Saturday. I had to be ambulanced to the hospital. I'm going to be unable to drive for the whole week while I'm on medications. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be able to make the meet. Sorry that I won't be able to make the first one I tried to organize. Feel free to still meet and let me know how it goes! We can always plan one in October as well!

Hey everyone. I had a bad mountainbiking accident on Saturday. I had to be ambulanced to the hospital. I'm going to be unable to drive for the whole week while I'm on medications. Unfortunately, this means that I won't be able to make the meet. Sorry that I won't be able to make the first one I tried to organize. Feel free to still meet and let me know how it goes! We can always plan one in October as well!

Oh man, very sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Any particular reason you replaced all your struts? Also, who do you take your LGT to?

I think the unpredictable and plentiful pothole locations on Johnson Ferry Road lane/bridge construction south of the river did in the strut.

AP

Honestly, at about 91,000 miles, and 7.5 years, it seemed like it was time to replace them all. Yeah, that is certainly a bad area for potholes.

I use Allpro in Alpharetta when I can, they're a great shop. They've done all my performance mods (well, the ones I didn't do myself...), and they've done some other repair-type stuff for me, as well. Only bad side is they're not very convenient location-wise for me. Takes me a good hour to get there from home, longer from my office.

When I need something done quickly, or just can't easily line up someone to pick me up/drop me off at Allpro, I go to Subaru of Kennesaw. Not long ago, I would never have recommended a dealership, but when they opened, I decided to give them a shot, and they've really been great. Haven't had a bad experience there yet.

I hope you feel better soon. If you needed an ambulance I'm guessing it's a severe injury.

AP

Mild concussion, 10 stitches above my right eyebrow, 10 to reattach 2 inches of my right ear that had been ripped from the side of my head, bruised right ribs, road rash all over my right side (even though I was on dirt- it was hard packed and dry) I'll be back to driving in a couple of weeks or so!

Mild concussion, 10 stitches above my right eyebrow, 10 to reattach 2 inches of my right ear that had been ripped from the side of my head, bruised right ribs, road rash all over my right side (even though I was on dirt- it was hard packed and dry) I'll be back to driving in a couple of weeks or so!

:eek:

i just moved to mississippi from colorado and it looks like you guys are my closest relatives. maybe ill have to make the drive one of these days

Cool man, welcome to the Southeast! I just drove through Mississippi on my way back from Colorado last month as a matter of fact!

I'm doing a lot better, healing well, thanks everyone for the well wishes. Glad to be back to driving my Legacy!

Would anybody be interested in a meet in October? If so, let us know and I'll try to make this post the source for official meet info (date, time, location, etc). Example format (stolen from our LGT relatives in Colorado lol) :

Georgia Legacy Meet

Date: _____day, October XX, 2012

Time: XX:XX AM/PM

Activity Planned: Grill out at a park/Lake Lanier/member's house, restaurant, mountain drive, etc.

Throw some dates out! For me, the weekend of the 19th-21st works, but I understand that this may be too soon to get many people available/interested. Excited to potentially meet and hang with other Legacy enthusiasts!

I met up with some of the WRXAtlanta folks this past Tuesday. It was cool. They actually meet every other Tuesday at different restaurants to hang out and grab some grub. All Subarus are welcome. Maybe we can join our efforts for the meets since that one is already established. Just a thought.

So how was the ride this past Saturday? What roads did you take?

I keep telling myself, I am going to show up for one of these drives, but kids or something always gets in the way.

As a kid I lived in Robbinsville NC. We always called the road the sea-sick road. Now it is called the dragons-tail. I still hate that road and wont drive on it. I love the Cherohala Skyway though. Great road.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I saw a 4th Gen Newport Blue LGT this morning by Perimeter Mall. Are you on here? I was right behind you turning onto Perimeter Center. I was in a 5th Gen. Flashed you, but not sure if I got your attention..

That sounds like it was probably me. I was driving to Smyrna that day to get my dyno tune for E85. Speaking of which, here's my dyno sheet:

I saw a gray Spec B on Saturday afternoon on 85 south right inside 285. Beeped and waved, nice looking car!

Anyone down for a drive this weekend to Blood Mountain?

249324187_Williamotto.jpg.f95d4a033e2560f3e041eaee03b8faed.jpg

I saw a gray Spec B on Saturday afternoon on 85 south right inside 285. Beeped and waved, nice looking car!

Anyone down for a drive this weekend to Blood Mountain?

I was in the Gray SpecB on saturday but im pretty sure it was outside 285. I saw you from a far in my rear view mirror. I had just dropped in my engine on thanksgiving day and got everything buttoned up friday night so saturday was a my first real drive.

Not bad set up you got there. Thats some crazy torque!! What all mod you got?

Engine/Drivetrain:

Perrin TMIC

Invidia DP

Invidia UP

Agency Power UEL Header

SPT DP-back exhaust

Cobb LWCP

Cobb AccessPort w/custom 93 octane Stage 2+ map and E85 map (Redline @ 7k)

K&N drop-in air filter

DW 850cc injectors

DW 255lph fuel pump

AEM Boost controller

AEM Wideband (AFR)

Stock turbo @ 18.5psi

Yeah, peak torque and HP at 3,000 RPM is intense! 1st gear is useless now- I'm through it so quickly!