LegacyGT.com

Power window, only driver's works

Make sure the button that prevents the other windows to go down is not pressed. It's a safety feature so young children or your dog cannot control the windows. It's on the driver's window panel where the window controls are.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Make sure the button that prevents the other windows to go down is not pressed. It's a safety feature so young children or your dog cannot control the windows. It's on the driver's window panel where the window controls are.

I can only get the driver's side window to roll down. All the others will not roll down from either the driver's main control or from the individual door controls. The window lock shouldn't lock out the master control on the driver's door, right? Although the lock button is pretty loose, and does not have a positive click into position.

I can only get the driver's side window to roll down. All the others will not roll down from either the driver's main control or from the individual door controls. The window lock shouldn't lock out the master control on the driver's door, right? Although the lock button is pretty loose, and does not have a positive click into position.

It's been a while since I had my 96, but I was pretty sure that the master control locked out all controls, and I couldn't roll the windows up or down at all when activated using any of the controls. Just a guess, but it sounds like your lock switch is bad. Mine was a pretty firm click when it was activated or deactivated.

That was one of the few items that I could always find pretty readily at my local pull and pay junkyard. I wouldn't recommend eBay or anything like that since you can't inspect the switches first and may end up with the same issue, or worse.

• 1 year later...
My drivers side power window is acting up - not always working when the switch is pressed. What are the odds it is switch only? What all years / models will fit as replacement? Can I just swap over the "wood" trim?

Archived